Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Tampa Guide/ Charter recommendations

I'm going to be in Tampa for a few days at the end of February, friday through monday morning are open (24-26th) have to attend a concrete repair seminar monday afternoon adn tuesday morning. My wife is coming with me for the weekend and going back home monday morning, I want to take her on a fishing trip in the gulf, jst a half day, dont care what we target as long as its a good fight.

I have been off of teh OBX here in NC chasing yellow fins, wahoo. dolfins and up north killing Striped bass, not the little 6 pounders here in teh south but 15-18 pounders - pics to follow. I like to fish, she likes it too, but she prefers surf fishing.

Any recommendations, Boat, target fish, area? I dont mind a drive to go fishing, I thought about heading over to Stuart FL, my dad has fished a few times on a 48ish Bertram chartered from there, the keys are too far to drive.
    blueberries are not a stand alone fruit, tim tebow is

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    Get someone with a flat bottom boat, light tackle and find some snook! I don't know what their seasons are down there nor do I know any captains (I will check for a good one and get back to you), but you get on a good 30 to 40 some odd inch snook with a 7 foot light/medium action rod, and you will never go offshore again. Plus you will get the bonus sea trout too.

And you never know what the gulf is going to be like in the winter. Could be 6 to 8 ft seas or could be glass. Better to plan on inshore in the winter that way you don't have to cancel and scramble around to try and find someone for inshore at last minute.