Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TWF H1 beadlocks

Really thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering a set of these next month. Any thoughts?

Jeep has a 3.5 BDS, flat fenders, 4.88 gears. And is my DD

Bryan
    Still looking for my shaker of NaCl
    Bryan

:beavisbutthead:

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    ok, I will play.

Those pics look great. So unless i hear any naysayers that convince me udderwise i will order them next month.

Bryan

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Be sure to give DDO a chance... they are good peeps

http://store2.dirtydogoffroad.com/in...index&cPath=88
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Under Observation GoodysGotaCuda's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    I have really thought about these, however at 150lbs per wheel, it's not worth the rotational weight on a daily driver [to me]. I will be pushing my 4.10s about to their limit on 37s as it is, the extra ~50lbs per wheel over the average KM2 or Kevlar 37" tire would force me to regear (don't care to). So the inexpensive setup would end up costing me more than I care to spend.

Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by GoodysGotaCuda; 12-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    I like turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Be sure to give DDO a chance... they are good peeps

http://store2.dirtydogoffroad.com/in...index&cPath=88
    Will do that. Thanks LT

Bryan

as far as weight, 37" Toyos on a steel wheel are 150+ so they arent the only heavyweights.
    my overweight 4dr with 5.13s pushes them just fine, the biggest place I noticed the extra weight and leverage going from 35" to 37"s was braking
    she no too happy about da stopping now

but my front brakes are probably glazed over pretty bad from a bunch of 50-0 max brake stops out collecting rattlesnakes this fall

I was really hoping someone would find the magic combination of dodge ram part numbers to do a super cheap big brake solution

$700+ is kinda crazy when bigger ram calipers/rotors should be a sub $200 deal and still factory parts for availability - I think the problem ended up being chrysler wouldnt sell the J8 caliper mounts in this country anymore for some reason?
    Still seems like a killer market for someone to start importing or making and selling the brackets.

Under Observation GoodysGotaCuda's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    as far as weight, 37" Toyos on a steel wheel are 150+ so they arent the only heavyweights.
    my overweight 4dr with 5.13s pushes them just fine, the biggest place I noticed the extra weight and leverage going from 35" to 37"s was braking
    she no too happy about da stopping now
    I agree on the toyos, but they are pretty substantially heavier than the other common tires. 37" Kevlar on a aluminum wheel is 100#.

I bet 5.13s push them fine, but I run 4.10s and don't care to regear due to tire weight. The extra 200lb of rotational weight equals about 800lbs of static. That plus the added height would force a regear, which I don't think will be necessary with a 100#/wheel set of 37s.

Sent via paper airplane

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
    I agree on the toyos, but they are pretty substantially heavier than the other common tires. 37" Kevlar on a aluminum wheel is 100#.

I bet 5.13s push them fine, but I run 4.10s and don't care to regear due to tire weight. The extra 200lb of rotational weight equals about 800lbs of static. That plus the added height would force a regear, which I don't think will be necessary with a 100#/wheel set of 37s.

I am running with 4.10s and I didn't really notice that much of a difference going from Racelines with 35s to the H1 wheels. There is some braking issues like Venom said and balancing them was a bitch but the 4.10 gearing is fine on a 2 door. I can't speak for a 4 door.

Sent via paper airplane

I am running with 4.10s and I didn't really notice that much of a difference going from Racelines with 35s to the H1 wheels. There is some braking issues like Venom said and balancing them was a bitch but the 4.10 gearing is fine on a 2 door. I can't speak for a 4 door.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post

I was really hoping someone would find the magic combination of dodge ram part numbers to do a super cheap big brake solution

$700+ is kinda crazy when bigger ram calipers/rotors should be a sub $200 deal and still factory parts for availability - I think the problem ended up being chrysler wouldnt sell the J8 caliper mounts in this country anymore for some reason?
    Still seems like a killer market for someone to start importing or making and selling the brackets.
    likewise...
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Did you end up ordering them? I got my wheels and tires in last week. Took a bit longer than I anticipated to break them down, paint them, clean them, and reinstall them. I have a 4 door automatic with the 4.10's, I gave up overdrive and it seems to drive just fine for me. I haven't driven all that much on them yet though. I was planning on regearing to 5.38's as soon as possible but now I'm not sure. I'd like to drive someone else's before I drop that coin. Right now without overdrive at about 70ish my RPM's are right where I want them to be. Either way, here's a couple pics..

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    you can't go wrong with TWF. cool guys for sure!
    2011 stock mango tango jku with color matched top.

r.i.p. 08 2dr x

Not yet. Apparently when I broke my wrist I also broke my Ulna, tore a bunch of ligaments and stuff and so I have to have surgery on the 7th of March to rebreak my arm and reattach the ligaments. Explains why my ring finger and pinky dont move but I will be in a cast until mid June so I will just wait until after that until i order. Sucks because the money is burning a proverbial hole in my pocket. Anyways. All the jeeps look great and I will just have to drool a little longer.