Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011

TJ help - 4" lift reccomendations

A friend of mine wanted me to ask around and look at reviews for a 4" suspension lift. Looking for one that won't break the bank but will hold up and give a comfortable ride.

2003 TJ
    Last edited by gold knight; 09-08-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

I had a 2" budget boost (might even have been 2.25"), 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift on my 2006 TJ Rubicon. Skidded up with 33's and it did just fine off road. I removed the fender flares to keep the wide 13.50 Nito's out of them when we'd wheel be rock crawling. I'd recommend quality shocks, I ran some I got for cheap, (rubicon express maybe?) and it made the ride very stiff compared to stock. I'll dig up a bunch of old pics, it'll be fun, but I know the links will break eventually because they're from facebook...

With 15x8 and 33x12.50 BFG MT's they'd tuck in the fenders well enough that I wouldn't remove the flares.

2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

On my buddies 06 TJ Rubicon, we ran a shorter lift, believe it was 3" from Rough Country. The lift was complete with adjustable control arms upper and lower at a minimum, think it included new track bars as well. After adding skids/bumpers/winch the springs sagged quite a bit so we installed ACOS for about an extra 1.5" on top of the soft springs. It was a nice soft squishy ride though. Added Rokmen highline fender kit installed at Dirty's Garage. Then we put my 37's on it for a wheeling trip in the desert. Here's pictures of it on 37's.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Cool. Thanks for the input, I'm going to give him the thread link so he can follow along.

And copy that shit to photobucket and stop screwing around with fakebook for image hosting lol.
    Last edited by gold knight; 09-08-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post
    On my buddies 06 TJ Rubicon, we ran a shorter lift, believe it was 3" from Rough Country. The lift was complete with adjustable control arms upper and lower at a minimum, think it included new track bars as well. After adding skids/bumpers/winch the springs sagged quite a bit so we installed ACOS for about an extra 1.5" on top of the soft springs. It was a nice soft squishy ride though. Added Rokmen highline fender kit installed at Dirty's Garage. Then we put my 37's on it for a wheeling trip in the desert. Here's pictures of it on 37's.

Sweet TJ right there.

I did a 2" BDS lift w a 1" body lift in my
    old TJ. For the money, I was very happy w it.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice flares on that tj!

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Okay now it's time to start looking for axles.

He's found a d60 rear with disc brakes. I see a lot of people use the 14 bolt Chevy instead. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    The dana 60 rear is ok but not alot stronger than a dana 44 rear. The 14 bolt is cheap easy to find easy to set the gears up and all around just a better axle. Spare shafts for a 14 bolt (youll never need them) can also be found in any junkyard because GM has used that axle for so long with very few variations.