Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: tranny woes

tranny woes

So recently I decided to drop my tranny pan and replace the filter while I was at it. Not long after that something strange started happening. Every once in a while after my jku sits overnight, after I put it in reverse and back out of the driveway. When I put my jeep in drive in the street it does not shift into drive. It feels like it stays in neutral for about 10 seconds. Eventually it does shift into drive. After that it never slips between gears, it drives like normal. This has happened maybe 5 times over the last 3 months, and this jeep is my daily driver.

Pertinents:
    2007 JKU X
    3.8l V6, auto of course
    105000 Miles
    35x12.5r15
    factory 4.10s
    Jim
    '07 Red Rock X Unlimited
    Custom Front Bumper and rock sliders, 2.5" TeraFlex budget boost, AIRRAID cold air intake, blacked out grill

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Hey Jim did you ever verify the fluid was full? That would still be my first guess. If you aren't over the full line already, I would add just a touch and see if it helps.

My GM cars always took a pint low before they acted up but some are more temperamental than others.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I'm with GK on checking the fluid levels first. When I had a leak in one of my hoses to my tranny cooler, I would notice it was low when, sort of like your issue, would hesitate when I first got it out of the driveway in the morning.
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

Banned Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Sep 2016
    That sounds reasonable to me and generally keeping things in a way where it would be very supportive for us. I am sure getting into technicalities is very helpful especially when trying things this way.