Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Jul 2013

GenRight Off Road: What products are YOU looking for?

We have dozens of products in the pipeline. Some should be released shortly and some are just ideas. Help us prioritize them.

Tell us what you're looking for that's not out there or you'd like to see done differently/better.

Let the ideas fly!! Hopefully, we'll already be working on some of the ideas and we can move them up the list.

Thanks!!

And here are some of our newest products: http://www.genright.com/New-Products.aspx
    GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
    4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
    805-584-8635 / Email
    Facebook / Twitter / Google+ / YouTube / GenRight Blog
    CLOSEOUT DEALS

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    You've covered a very vast array of products, mostly on the exterior side of things. Hmmmm..... Now granted, I only took a quick cruise through your site, but what about engine performance or some interior features. Like I said, took a quick look before heading to bed before midnight shift, so please be gentle if all that is up and running already.
    US ARMY 2008-Present
    US AIR FORCE 2001-2007

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Para-Doc View Post
    You've covered a very vast array of products, mostly on the exterior side of things. Hmmmm..... Now granted, I only took a quick cruise through your site, but what about engine performance or some interior features. Like I said, took a quick look before heading to bed before midnight shift, so please be gentle if all that is up and running already.
    You're not far off. We are primarily a company that makes armor, cages and fuel tanks. We're not trying to get too far away from that.

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GenRight View Post
    You're not far off. We are primarily a company that makes armor, cages and fuel tanks. We're not trying to get too far away from that.
    Well then.... hmmm.... Daddy could use some armor. What do you recommend, sell often or have the best reviews?

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    Well then.... hmmm.... Daddy could use some armor. What do you recommend, sell often or have the best reviews?
    Just depends on what you like. Personally, I run aluminum on bumpers and fenders and steel on my sliders. I drive a JKU. What are you driving?

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    I got a 2015 Rubicon JKU, anvil color. Just got it a week ago. Here's the list of stuff I've compiled so far and have as a Word Document titled "Jeep Parts":

-Locking Fuel Door: ORDERED
    -Truck Lite Headlights: ORDERED
    -Inspired-Engineering Fog Lights
    -Rough Country 4” Lift
    -37” Tires (Treadwright Guard Dog M/T)
    -5.13 Gears
    -Pro Comp Wheels (16x8, Black, 5x5 bolt)
    -Wheel lug nuts to fit above wheels
    -AEV Front Premium Bumper
    -WARN Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
    -AEM Brute Force Air Intake System
    -aFe Power Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer
    -Banks Monster Exhaust

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    I got a 2015 Rubicon JKU, anvil color. Just got it a week ago. Here's the list of stuff I've compiled so far and have as a Word Document titled "Jeep Parts":

-Locking Fuel Door: ORDERED
    -Truck Lite Headlights: ORDERED
    -Inspired-Engineering Fog Lights
    -Rough Country 4” Lift
    -37” Tires (Treadwright Guard Dog M/T)
    -5.13 Gears
    -Pro Comp Wheels (16x8, Black, 5x5 bolt)
    -Wheel lug nuts to fit above wheels
    -AEV Front Premium Bumper
    -WARN Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
    -AEM Brute Force Air Intake System
    -aFe Power Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer
    -Banks Monster Exhaust
    You weren't asking for my opinion, but I'll offer it anyway.

Do your homework on the lift. Many people run Rough Country, but a lift can make or break your driving experience. A bad one will make you dread driving your Jeep. I've never run a RC lift os I have no personal experience.
    Why 16" wheels? Your tire choices will be limited in that size.
    Weight is the enemy of these Jeeps. Do you specifically want full-width bumpers? Even if you do, I'd look into aluminum. When I switched from steel to aluminum bumpers, I could tell the difference immediately.
    The intake and throttle body spacer aren't going to give much of a performance gain. I'd save that money for something else like recovery gear, winch, skids, gas, trail passes, etc.

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GenRight View Post
    You weren't asking for my opinion, but I'll offer it anyway.

Do your homework on the lift. Many people run Rough Country, but a lift can make or break your driving experience. A bad one will make you dread driving your Jeep. I've never run a RC lift os I have no personal experience.
    Why 16" wheels? Your tire choices will be limited in that size.
    Weight is the enemy of these Jeeps. Do you specifically want full-width bumpers? Even if you do, I'd look into aluminum. When I switched from steel to aluminum bumpers, I could tell the difference immediately.
    The intake and throttle body spacer aren't going to give much of a performance gain. I'd save that money for something else like recovery gear, winch, skids, gas, trail passes, etc.
    I may not have been asking directly for your opinion boss, but I will always welcome it. I by no means am a master mechanic, nor do I know everything and anything about Jeeps or the JKs. So where you see guidance to be given, or what you've observed from your professional experience, please let me know so that I can add that in to where my thought process is going.

Now, let's break this down a little. Starting with the lift. I've always run Rough Country in my vehicles. I had a 3.25" in my 2010 JKU Rubicon and a 3" in my 2014 Tacoma. Never had an issue with them and they support what I primarily use them for. I'm not a devoted, or hardcore wheeler. Most of my vehicle leaving the paved roads is for terrain on military installations, more specifically drop zones for Airborne operations, recreational camping either at a predesignated camp site, beach or small trail or if I go out on a light trail ride with friends of mine. Not really into rock crawling and I'm not planing to go climb the side of a hill somewhere. The Rough Country product has done well in my experience and use. Plus, their suspension lift is also very affordable for me versus trying to do a long travel kit from some other well known, and well respected companies.

As for the 16.5" wheels, yes, I am well aware of what my tire choices will be. Thus, I chose the wheel size over the tire that I wanted. The Treadwright tire, for a 37" is what I can readily afford and be able to replace as necessary. I would absolutely love to be able to run any other company in a 37" and maintain my stock, 17" wheel size. But unfortunately, my budget, salary or current life position (trying to get married again... as if I didn't learn the first time. haha) doesn't support the financial ability to pay double if not more for another company's 37" tire. Maybe I am completely ass-backwards on that line of thinking, and if so, let me know what you think about it.

Let's tie the weight with width bumpers and bolt on performance products into the same topic here. I like the styling of the AEV bumpers. However, I am not 100% deadset on their products. I can rotate to anything, whether steel or aluminum, as long as I like the design. Case and point here... I went back and looked at the AEV bumper, then a WARN stubby and back to what I had on my 2010 JKU which was a MetalCloak stubby. I'm open minded and would love to go with aluminum over steel due to the weight, but styling is key. I got to be happy with what I see everyday and especially if I'm going to be paying the cash for it. So, let's add in the bolt on stuff. You are correct. I'm not trying to go fast, but rather be able to recoup some of the MPG that I'll be losing due to the weight additions elsewhere. Thus, I had always added an intake, TB Spacer and exhaust. Worked out well in the past but doesn't necessarily mean that I need it since the engine changed to the new Pentastar. Let me know what you think because I still have tow straps, my Hi-Lift jack and other things left over from my last Jeep.

As I said, nothing listed is set directly into stone and not capable of being altered. This is a discussion and I appreciate your professional opinion and guidance from far more experience than I. I'm here to listen, learn, be guided in my endeavors to create an eye turning, extremely functional and Jeep than I can be proud of.