Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Yamaha G14 Golf Cart

Last weekend I started on my golf cart project. We're going to use it to get around the trailer parks out at the river. A friend of mine gave it to us sometime last year but I couldn't find pictures of bringing it home. It fits really well in the tent trailer though.

The plan was to make it look similar to our JK. Green body, black roof/bed/wheels. I used rustoleum spray paint for the whole project. Truck bed liner on the roof, light bezels, and inside the utility bed. Gloss black on the outside of the utility bed, roof frame, and wheels. Dark Hunter Green on the body. The seats looked really rough but cleaned up OK, they'll need some more scrubbing though. There's a couple things here and there I want to do still but it's pretty much done.

Here's a picture shortly after I started working on it. I already took the roof and seat off.

Took it all apart, removed the stickers and put new batteries in it.

All it needed to run was the new batteries thankfully. Cruised around like this for a bit to have some fun with it.

Not really many in between pictures but here's what it looked like at the end of the weekend. Took my son over to feed the ducks at one of the boat ramps.

A stranger flagged me down when I was cruising around and asked if I wanted some free kids toys for my boy. They were clearing out a shed full of things left by previous owners of their RV. Got some cool things including a metal Tonka dump truck. Got to use the bed for the first time.

Good times...

2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

good job on that paint
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Father and son wind in the hair: PRICELESS!
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Quote Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
    Father and son wind in the hair: PRICELESS!
    It gets moving going down the hill between the two RV parks! Climbing up the hill is another story though.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Turned out sick man. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Turned out sick man. Good work.
    Thanks!

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    The flying ginger hair pic is killer VG! He is having a blast!
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    The flying ginger hair pic is killer VG! He is having a blast!
    Thanks tc! He loves riding in it! Heading back out to the RV tonight to mount a small light bar on the front of it, let there be light!

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post
    Thanks tc! He loves riding in it! Heading back out to the RV tonight to mount a small light bar on the front of it, let there be light!
    Careful w the light bars. Next thing you know the little guy will be wanting a flat bill hat.

Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    Careful w the light bars. Next thing you know the little guy will be wanting a flat bill hat.
    Yep he's a flat biller for sure!

Tested out the headlights, first light worked, second light didn't. Not sure if I'll mess with them or not, thankfully both the tail lights worked though! Mounted the light bar on the front bumper and rewired the lights.

Put the mutt in the back for a ride, he did pretty well and think he'll be loving it in no time.

Talking with some neighbors sounds like the law is going to start enforcing windshields or proper eye protection for the razors including golf carts when driving on the street. I really don't want to put the windshield back on but looks like I might have to. The plexiglass is in pretty rough shape but I think I can polish it up.

Now I need to make the trip to the Az DMV to get license plates on it.

safety first Ginger!!!

Yep, I need to think about the children

Trip to the DMV was unsuccessful, until I find the VIN number or get a new one, the plates will have to wait.

I broke one of the green lights under the JK so I decided to take the other three and put them on the cart instead. I need to move the lights on the roof back a couple inches but they worked out great.

you have gone full pedi

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    you have gone full pedi
    Hahaha, never! BenDrinken owns that title.