Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Dec 2014

Salvage Title Build??

Looking at my next build and thinking about starting out with a salvage title rig. I was told "if" you start with a salvage from a neighboring state (California) the odds are better for getting it tags, is there truth to that? What does the DMV look for when issuing tags for a salvage vehicle? Any experience building up a salvage rig would be helpful!

If the vehicle in question has a title, it is registered and will transfer and re-register just as any other vehicle in the state.

Maybe I misunderstand.... "tags" and "registration" mean the same thing to me.

All "salvage" usually means is that the insurance company decided the vehicle wasn't worth fixing (normally 80%+ damage).
    115.5" JKoupe

Date Committed
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by abendx View Post
    If the vehicle in question has a title, it is registered and will transfer and re-register just as any other vehicle in the state.

Maybe I misunderstand.... "tags" and "registration" mean the same thing to me.

All "salvage" usually means is that the insurance company decided the vehicle wasn't worth fixing (normally 80%+ damage).
    Good info thanks! Yeah I use tags and registration interchangeably.

Cool beans.

A bit of clarification... A salvaged title means it's ready to be registered. Before you register, you may have to have the vehicle safety inspected, etc..

You should be fine a long as the wreck was previously titled salvage.