Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Transfer Case options

The wife's JKUR blew the left side completely out of the transfer case. It will have to be completely replaced. Looking at the options. Right now the options are standard jk case, put back a Rubicon case, or go atlas. Providing nothing else is damaged. The jeep is a 08 Rubicon 4 Dr that sees mostly road s and is her DD , has a 4.5" rough county lift with 35s. 37s would be the largest tires. We do have plans for a motech LS swap in the not too distant future. What says the asylum?

If ls is for sure grab a standard t-case since that's what u will use in the swap anyways.

Is this thing on?

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I would go with a standard case and save the rest of the money toward the LS swap

I'm sure I'll get shit but running a LS with max 37's, I'd throw in a stock non rubi 241 2.72 transfer case.

That's the way I'm leaning. I need to do some other things that I've been putting off like ditching the dropped pitman arm and flipping the drag link

I run a 2.72 on 40's with mine on the stock motor and the ratio is perfect for me. I'm also a 6 speed 2dr. I just think a LS with a 4.0 is way to much gearing. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
    I run a 2.72 on 40's with mine on the stock motor and the ratio is perfect for me. I'm also a 6 speed 2dr. I just think a LS with a 4.0 is way to much gearing. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
    But what gear ratio are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by GREYBEARDSJK View Post
    But what gear ratio are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    5:13's

Ok just reread you have a 6 speed

So I was just told by shop that if I put anything in that is not a 241j rock track it will have to be rewired and change yolks on shafts. I understand this for an atlas but a regular non Rubicon case? I'm skeptical

I thought the two were interchangeable

I swapped from a non Rubi to Rubi, and there is no wiring change. I changed my yokes for aftermarket shafts, but they are the exact same.

Transfer Case options

That's what I thought. It already has after market shafts so the yolks will have to be changed anyway. I'm thinking that I may borrow a trailer and pick it up and bring it to the house and do the work myself. shouldn't be too bad if all it is is the case.

where is a good place to source them?

Quote Originally Posted by ringer View Post
    I swapped from a non Rubi to Rubi, and there is no wiring change. I changed my yokes for aftermarket shafts, but they are the exact same.
    The splines from tranny to case are the same on both cases correct?

I know that '12 and newer auto's have a unique spline count. Other than that they are the same. Doesn't matter auto or manual.

Got new to me non-rubi t case delivered yesterday from classifieds on pirate. Just have to get her jeep back to the house from shop on Monday, after I finish my front end then it's on to getting hers running again.

Jeep and case in same place. Now for the fun part... trying to figure out how to get top studs unbolted. Any ideas? I have no way to lift body off, that would be the easiest way I see.

Taking pics along so I can attempt a writeup later.

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Aug 2012
    Extensions and flex knuckles