Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Jun 2013

New dashboard design

Of course after buying the new heater, I discovered that the best way to put that guy in is to remove the dash. As with all great YJís there is a ratís nest of wires running behind it, and I know I didnít help out when adding more switches to it. So my plan is to rewire the entire Jeep in the summer and build my dash off a CJ dash I just got. Here is what Iím currently thinking of doing. Thanks to the US Army for giving me these awesome power point skills.

The control panel will be set up something like, Front Locker, Rear Locker, Winch Control(in and out) (Yes, make jokes), Engine Fan (High and Low), Rear lights, Fog lights/Front lights. Iíll also be attempting to build a power distribution center/block while rewiring this bad monkey. What am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Looks good. Should be fun rewiring your beast. Make sure you paint your damn cage since you have to take it out to get the dash out lol

i can't imagine how much fun that would be for me to attempt
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

Date Committed
    Jun 2013
    YES I'LL PAINT THE DAMN ROLL CAGE........you happy now!!!!! HAHA!!!! I should be getting my truss for my front axle today. Good times.

Don't forget to put Rubicon decals on the YJ like idiots around here do. It makes it Bad Ass I guess.
    One of those Jeep Thingies....
    And to all the Jeeps I traded, sold or laid to rest

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
    Don't forget to put Rubicon decals on the YJ like idiots around here do. It makes it Bad Ass I guess.
    His yj IS almost a rubicon. It has JK rubi axles and lockers in it just needs the transfercase LOL

Date Committed
    Jun 2013
    Nope, I don't need any rubicon decals, I sure its past that point.