Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Any fresh updates?
    I've been so busy between jeep and work. Made a rear lower cross member for the lower arms. Front cross member is essentially the same. Welded link mounts to PSC cross members. Had to notch out the rear to clear the rubi tcase.

Got my anti rock sway bar on the front. It's pushed forward 5.5" using the front most bolt hole and a self tapping screw for the other hole.

Chopped the front bumper up and added tubes from my friends genright bumper. Thinking to tie tube flares into it later

Decided to ditch my ballistic high steer arms and ordered artec ultimate arms so I can lower my drag link and tie rod in a double shear setup allowing for more up travel. The best part of all is I was all to keep my steering box in the stock location with so much stretch by moving the axle side track bar bracket over the axle which let's me keep the frame side mount close to stock location. Got the drag link and track bar in line nicely now. Don't have the artec arms yet but this just shows where I'm putting stuff.
    Last edited by Mokos; 04-26-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Krawl Daddy Offroad

KRAWLER build thread

Figured out the front link/coilover brackets up front to get about 5.5" up travel with the 14's and was able to outboard the lower coilover mounts a lot more while keeping them low. This gets the 42 up about 11" off the ground at full stuff. Was tricky to clear the inner C, the calipers at full turn, and the Johnny joint.

Tight fit

Nice outboard stance
    Last edited by Mokos; 04-28-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Cycled the suspension and got everything to clear.
    Full droop

Almost full stuff

Well, got almost everything to clear... Except for that big ass tire at full lock. Might have to hack away at a few things to make this work or lessen the front stretch a little bit.

Seeing the fender gap behind the front tire really shows how far forward the axle is.

Looking good. Glad to see you were able to get more up travel. Those 42's are going to make for one huge two door.

Quote Originally Posted by ringer View Post
    Looking good. Glad to see you were able to get more up travel. Those 42's are going to make for one huge two door.
    Thanks Andy, I ended up with a little more up travel than I had room for so I'll likely move my lower mounts up an inch or so to maximize down travel and see if I can shift my towers forward a little since they are leaning pretty hard.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice I Kept my 60 in the stock location. I think next winter im going to push it forward and go full hydro.

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Nice I Kept my 60 in the stock location. I think next winter im going to push it forward and go full hydro.
    Thinking I may go double triangulated and full hydro at some point once I no longer drive it on road. I'll see how it is with assist for now. I don't like having only 3 links up front. If one fails, it's going to do a lot of damage.

Date Committed
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokos View Post
    I don't like having only 3 links up front. If one fails, it's going to do a lot of damage.
    Which is why I may 4 link mine... If I can figure out how to not have any bind.... But I'm a ways away from that.

Looks great bud. Nice to see things are progressing! Wish I could get out there to give you a hand

More parts!

PSC 1.75x8 cylinder and pump/reservoir
    Bigger master cylinder

Now all I need is the time to install.

Nice! So you will be able to turn and stop those 42's now just need to get them on!

Welded my coilover towers in and moved em forward some more.

Started welding up the front axle and upper frame link mount till I ran out of wire. Still waiting on my artec high steer arms and track bar is just a mock up.

Started the new hydro assist setup. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it like this or not. Cylinder has clearance issues with sway bar link and would have to build a skid for it.

Looking good. You guys need to get those beasts done.

Quote Originally Posted by ringer View Post
    Looking good. You guys need to get those beasts done.
    I know but I can't seem to find enough time and don't work as fast as you!

Just giving you a hard time. Seeing your build makes me wish I went tons and bigger! Keep up the good work Jeff!

Looking good bud!

Nothing wrong with a three link. ;-)
    115.5" JKoupe

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Sometimes it feels like I'll never get this done. I want to enjoy it on the trails before the season is over. We've got an area called Field and Forrest over here that's pretty gnarly rock crawling. Can't wait to get out there and try out this setup.

It will get done when it gets done. I haven't touched mine in three months and I must confess, it feels great. Lol

Sent by 6ix Offroad

Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
    It will get done when it gets done. I haven't touched mine in three months and I must confess, it feels great. Lol

Sent by 6ix Offroad
    Meh.... don't listen to this guy... misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by abendx View Post
    Meh.... don't listen to this guy... misery loves company.
    Haha. True true

Sent by 6ix Offroad

Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post

Sent by 6ix Offroad
    Jeeze, the more I touch mine, the better I feel! Wait, are we talking about Jeeps?