Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
    Maybe I will get to see it in person!!!
    was talking with heat treater about coming down. hopefully I can get my shit together soon.
    Krawl Daddy Offroad

KRAWLER build thread

Getting there. Barnes 4wd towers cut to fit. The lowers will be modified link/shock combo brackets to fit on the stub side. Prep for steering box relo. Will move up a half set of bolts. Track bar bracket will move forward about the same.

Very nice looking coil overs !

Wow, build is looking great. I'd love to come by the shop again sometime and check out you and Tom's rigs.

This is an amazing build. It's going to be a beast. Those corners came put fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ringer View Post
    This is an amazing build. It's going to be a beast. Those corners came put fantastic.
    Thanks Andy. Was great to meet Ringer the master fabricator himself! Hope I get to check out your work in person at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
    Wow, build is looking great. I'd love to come by the shop again sometime and check out you and Tom's rigs.
    Thanks, swing by anytime. just let us know when you're around.

Plugged in my front geometry trying to figure out anti-dive and oversteer/understeer. Using the 3 link calculator usually used for the rear. Can I replace anti-squat for anti-dive? Assume I'd want the anti dive to be about 100%?
    Also wondering why the oversteer is almost 9deg. It seems the only way to get it to zero is triangulating the lowers considerably at the frame. Does the oversteer apply to a front end setup?

Thanks for help guys

KRAWLER build thread

Not sure if you can even read the numbers on this photo... Damn it
    Last edited by Mokos; 03-22-2014 at 01:43 PM.

KRAWLER build thread

Well, was able to get my oversteer down to 2.5 degrees or so up front by moving my upper links to the crossmember. got the links and coilovers in and cycled everything. Looks like I've got a few things to figure out. Not enough up travel and need to widen the mounting locations of the coilovers at the axle.

Last edited by Mokos; 03-23-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Looks like it's coming along well. Are your shocks hitting the frame at one driver side stuff and passenger full droop?

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Ah the fun of making shit work LOL

Looks good. cant wait to see it finished

Looks like it's coming along well. Are your shocks hitting the frame at one driver side stuff and passenger full droop?
    Yes the coils hit at full droop. The shock body barely clears. Thinking of mounting the shock tabs to the inner C somehow and lower. Gotta think about this.

Date Committed
    May 2012
    Gawd fawking damnit Jeff....

Quote Originally Posted by Mokos View Post
    I wasn't thinking to run a track bar, just drag link. Would still bind?
    No. You can only run a drag link with a trackbar-ed setup. With a triangulated front, you will have purely vertical axle travel, but the drag link of hydro assist will still want to travel in an arc. Essentially that equals lots of bump steer. Either full hydro, or you've got to keep the trackbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokos View Post
    Yes the coils hit at full droop. The shock body barely clears. Thinking of mounting the shock tabs to the inner C somehow and lower. Gotta think about this.
    Where are you putting your bottom tabs now? You could tie them to the corner of the tube and upper inner c, but you would lose some uptravel if you currently have them behind the axle.

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by JKred View Post
    Gawd fawking damnit Jeff....

No. You can only run a drag link with a trackbar-ed setup. With a triangulated front, you will have purely vertical axle travel, but the drag link of hydro assist will still want to travel in an arc. Essentially that equals lots of bump steer. Either full hydro, or you've got to keep the trackbar.

Where are you putting your bottom tabs now? You could tie them to the corner of the tube and upper inner c, but you would lose some uptravel if you currently have them behind the axle.
    A little late! Yeah I get it. Was just talking it out with yogurt. Hadn't thought about at that point.

And yes that's what I said about mounting the lower coilover mounts. I'm currently on top of the lower links. Not much room to play on the D60 stub side and can't afford to lose up travel so a few things to figure out.

Date Committed
    May 2012
    Cool cool. Wish I could get out to the shop soon but I couldn't tell you when my next free weekend is.

How long is the body on those RK coilovers? I feel like that's some of the issues you're running into. They're so damn fat and long.

KRAWLER build thread

I hope to get my frame clearance done tonight on the passenger side where I am having issues. I will shoot you some pics as well as better ones of my mounts.

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by JKred View Post
    Cool cool. Wish I could get out to the shop soon but I couldn't tell you when my next free weekend is.

How long is the body on those RK coilovers? I feel like that's some of the issues you're running into. They're so damn fat and long.
    They're like 36" long I think. 2" coilovers would probably have cleared. Would be great to have u around the shop for a day or two.
    Last edited by Mokos; 04-29-2014 at 09:44 AM.

I hope to get my frame clearance done tonight on the passenger side where I am having issues. I will shoot you some pics as well as better ones of my mounts.
    Thanks was thinking to do the same if I can't outboard the lower mounts more.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Any fresh updates?