Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    A few more tweaks in Rhino and it's getting there. A little clearancing and added an inch to the depth to add more volume. 16 gallons now. Figured I'd mount the tank directly to the frame and then a skid to bolt over it to the same spot. Maybe throw some rubber bushings between them for vibration resistance.

Krawl Daddy Offroad

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Looks great.

Got some decent pricing on the fuel cell manufacturing today and it would be top notch quality. If all is good with the design after testing, this might be something we could offer to the public at a fraction of the price of our competition. Is there any interest in this?

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I would be. I am not against relocating my tank

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    I would be. I am not against relocating my tank
    Where's your tank now? I could easily modify it for a non stretched application.

Date Committed
    May 2012
    I'd be all over it if it keeps the stock sending unit

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    Jeff I'm not trying to be typical negative pete, but with all the issues you are having with the set up of your rear suspension wouldn't it make more sense to get your rear end set and cycled before you build a somewhat expensive gas tank. I would hate to see you build the tank and then realize that maybe you need to move your links or possibly raise them or you need to move a crossmember. Just my curiosity.
    my wife said " maybe you should sell the jeep "... I asked for a divorce.

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fattooed View Post
    Jeff I'm not trying to be typical negative pete, but with all the issues you are having with the set up of your rear suspension wouldn't it make more sense to get your rear end set and cycled before you build a somewhat expensive gas tank. I would hate to see you build the tank and then realize that maybe you need to move your links or possibly raise them or you need to move a crossmember. Just my curiosity.
    Only issue is not enough time to work on the jeep. But the reason I'm making the cardboard fuel cell before making it in aluminum is so I can cycle everything before I have it made.

Quote Originally Posted by JKred View Post
    I'd be all over it if it keeps the stock sending unit
    That's the plan. So far, it will work with the stock unit but the baffles are in the way of the limited space left for the float arm. I have to talk it over with my fuel cell guy to see what he thinks.

Date Committed
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokos View Post
    Got some decent pricing on the fuel cell manufacturing today and it would be top notch quality. If all is good with the design after testing, this might be something we could offer to the public at a fraction of the price of our competition. Is there any interest in this?
    Interested.
    Love the build, I too see some of the other forums not loving the true builds...members seem more into the bolt on's that are pimped to nausea!

Quote Originally Posted by sm_rubi View Post
    Interested.
    Love the build, I too see some of the other forums not loving the true builds...members seem more into the bolt on's that are pimped to nausea!
    Some great people on here and a lot less junk.

Did another round of modifications to the tank design over the weekend to maximize volume and check clearances. I am liking how it's coming out. Not easy to make with the big diff cutout. I needed to make up for lost volume by making the tank fit in and fill every nook and cranny possible.

How far back is your rear axle stretched and what axle are u running?

Date Committed
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokos View Post
    Some great people on here and a lot less junk.

Did another round of modifications to the tank design over the weekend to maximize volume and check clearances. I am liking how it's coming out. Not easy to make with the big diff cutout. I needed to make up for lost volume by making the tank fit in and fill every nook and cranny possible.

How far back is your rear axle stretched and what axle are u running?
    Rear is a 14 Bolt and stretch is only about 2"...I'm running an EVO Lever currently but plan to run the coils into the bed with 4 Link off the axle at some point.

KRAWLER build thread

Quote Originally Posted by sm_rubi View Post
    Rear is a 14 Bolt and stretch is only about 2"...I'm running an EVO Lever currently but plan to run the coils into the bed with 4 Link off the axle at some point.
    Oh nice. The cell fits between the two rear most cross members and requires cutting out shock mounts and exhaust hangers. Not sure where your suspension parts will be, but if you intend to inboard your shocks forward of the cross member, you're good to go. I will be outboarding and frenching the frame for stability.
    Last edited by Mokos; 02-02-2015 at 06:26 PM.

I wondered if you had a build thread somewhere.. We messaged on Facebook a while back. Jeep is absolutely sick man.