Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Superchips Vivid Linq programmer honorable mention

I got a good deal on this NIB from DaKahuna (thanks a bunch Dane ) a few weeks ago and finally got it hooked up yesterday. I stuck it here because my rambling isn't worthy of a full blown write-up.

Part# 138750 --- basically looks like this minus the two chargers and with just the one normal mini usb cord

It uses a bluetooth interface to an android device, in my case an old HTC smartphone that has been decommissioned. Among other things, the Vivid allows you to monitor gauges you specify from a list of options (similar to their traildash product). All the regular superchips tuning people are used to, checking trouble codes, and data logging.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied so far. The tire size is now correct for the first time in six years. Installed the tow tune and it's a little peppy, no idiotic factory throttle lag that we had learned to accept as normal for the JK.

Once paired and connected, the android device does a good job of being the touchscreen for the tuner. The only complaints I have so far are:

1) It's kind of a PITA to monitor gauges because you can't do it on the fly. You have to establish the bluetooth connection when you first get in the Jeep with the bluetooth connecting and then some key off, key on hokey pokey before loading the gauge option.

2) Some instructions in the manual are a little vague. I say though, a quick internet search will bring all you need from their forum and youtube videos to answer any questions or problems that may arise.

3) I updated the vivid, added the tpms adjustment and agreed to the "I know it's for offroad and only" disclaimer. I still can't find it on the menu, fun for another day.

Cool 3rd party video
    Last edited by gold knight; 02-17-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Now that you have unleashed all that power be careful of all the power braking at red lights
    Bryan

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GREYBEARDSJK View Post
    Now that you have unleashed all that power be careful of all the power braking at red lights
    lol, funny you say that. It's still a 3.8 dog but it is noticeably more torqey off the line. With these heavy 34"ish KM2's, the speedometer was reading about 8mph slow at 70. I think having the shift points where they belong helps as much as anything... and with the tow tune the power band seems to be more where it needs to be. Plus it's nice to see the speed you are actually going instead of having to constantly remember to compensate for the difference.

I'll be completely happy when I can turn off the flat tire symbol for the first time in five years.

EDIT>Just talked to my wife. Just talked to Sam. She went up this hill today where the jeep has always dropped into second and revved to 4k if we don't push od I off and modulate the throttle. She said it went up today without hesitating or getting stupid.
    Last edited by gold knight; 02-17-2014 at 07:27 PM.

And that makes it good enough

Glad you were able to put it to good use!