Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Dec 2013

P1457 CEL Help Please

Went wheeling and camping this weekend. Parked the Jeep at the camp site overnight, temps got down to the mid-20's that night. In the morning, started the Jeep up and made a run into town to get some breakfast. On the way there I had a check engine light come on. I ran the code and got back:

P1457 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit High

The Jeep was running fine so I cleared the code and continued driving with no further issues. This morning, was driving to work and the code came back with outside temps in the high 20's and no other symptoms.

From what I have been able to find online, this means there is most likely a leak or blockage in the evap system. I looked around the evap system and didn't see any noticeable blocks or hoses off. Seems like this is only happening when the outside temperature is below freezing. Any suggestions, thank you in advance?
    -2013 JKR 2.5 X Factor on 37s
    -2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    -2009 Kaw ZX-14 Drag bike

Check and make sure the gas cap is closed properly. But I wouldn't worry about it if it only happens in extreme cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . Rich

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Dec 2013
    I thought about the gas cap and have removed and reinstalled it several times. Also filled up with gas. I am going to park in my garage tonight and see if it does it again tomorrow. Both instances have happened after the vehicle sat outside overnight with temperatures in the low 30s to high 20s.

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Dec 2013
    Parked in the garage overnight and drove it to work this morning. No code, so guess I will leave it outside tonight and see what it does in the morning.