Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Recessed winch

Date Committed
    Sep 2013

Recessed winch

Any body seen a bumper sold that is set up for this? Searching is tough. I see some custom ones but not for sale. Maybe a write-up I could follow?

The goal is a more recessed bumper that would put the winch under the jeep or mostly under. I wouldn't even mind trimming the grill if needed a little. I don't have the skill or set up to fab something up for the bumper but there are plenty of local guys I could get help with a winch plate of some kind. Just wouldn't trust with the bumper.

Something like this one on the River Raider jeep. They only sell the non-winch version though. Thoughts?

37's and 2.5 lift

Date Committed
    Sep 2013
    Nobody attempted this? Maybe an access issue to the winch that people don't do it more often?

Its a custom deal. You have a round tube crossmember under the radiator that must be removed along with the crash bar. This scares most people away from doing it, so it keeps mass production away. Find a local fab shop and give them a shot. Who wants what everybody has anyhow so have one made.

Sent by 6ix Offroad

Date Committed
    Sep 2013
    I dont mind cutting but does anyone think it messes with the integrity of the frame as long as you replace it with a well attached bumper?

Im still leaning towards this for the front and the rear requires I chop it off also.

Date Committed
    May 2013
    photo (23).jpg

This is in progress in a stock bumper, did not have to cut the cross member.
    Did have to re-locate the vacuum pump,

Date Committed
    Sep 2013
    Looking good, make sure to post up when finished.

I will prob do the same until I figure out the recessed - meaning the bumper is almost flush with grill.

Date Committed
    May 2013
    photo 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg
    Need to obtain hinge for front plate , tie up wire for fogs & tighten a couple of nuts for tow hooks that have to be done with wrench due to space limitations & then it will be complete.
    Last edited by Rabram; 02-01-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add stuff, I'am a Pollock ..expect this.