Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Snow Chains on 35's?

My buddy just bought a cabin in Big Bear Lake, California. It snows up there and the roads close and require chains by CHP at times. I've been waived around a lot of chain checkpoints by same CHP governed checkpoints. They stopped all passenger vehicles, and flagged me to go around them and continue on into the snow covered and icy roads.
    My question is, Does anyone actually carry chains big enough to fit our 35's and above? When I look for chains in that size, one pair is damn near $300 or more. WTF? Who has them, and where are they cheaper?

Thanks Jeepers!

Rob

found a better spot to purchase them. But I'd still like to know if anyone has used them on their rig...

http://www.tirechain.com/index.html

hope the link is okay with admins...

Quote Originally Posted by RobRut View Post
    found a better spot to purchase them. But I'd still like to know if anyone has used them on their rig...

http://www.tirechain.com/index.html

hope the link is okay with admins...
    There's none of that bullshit about posting links around these parts.

I borrowed a set of nice chains from a friend years ago for the 35's on my Silverado but never actually had to use them. I remember looking around for them and they were expensive as hell. They weren't the typical chains people put on cars and such though, they were bad ass ones. Basically, I have nothing relevant to add.

When's the house warming party for Mike?
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    Hey rob, I own a cabin up there and have been going as much as possible for over 3 years now and haven't needed chains yet but they are required to carry.I got mine from the shop that installed my lift I think for less than 150.00. I know not much help but maybe a 4x4 shop can help.

Okay. SOOOOO... better to carry them and save myself the, "reason I pulled you over was to check for chains" bullshit...
    Chris, dunno. If i don't start working soon I'll be up there doing minor repairs to the place for maybe a week straight. either way I'm sure it would be a fun weekend hangout soon. there's plenty of room for all of us... it came furnished.

JRAD thanks. The website i linked has a few good priced options. closer to $100.

Rob