Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Comp tires..... question about Maxxis.

Looks at some new rubber... I got a great deal on these MTR/Ks I have, but decided after a couple of runs on them, they aren't want I want any longer.

Looking at a set of stickies now.

Reading a lot about the BFGs being poor in the sidewalls... so that leaves SS and Maxxis.

SS would be the IROK, but I am confused on the Maxxis.

For anyone that knows.... why is the creepy crawler 20%+ more than the trepador? Is it that much better of a tire?
    115.5" JKoupe

I ran bias Irok's for a year and was very happy. I've never ran Creepies but those I know that have won't run anything else. Just to expensive for me so I will probably go with cut sx's. The only problem with the irok is that you can't air down more then about 7 psi or else they will burp on you. Well unless you have double beadlocks they do.

Sent by 6ix Offroad
    Last edited by Yogurt; 11-21-2013 at 10:44 AM.

So... no, you don't have any useful info pertaining to the question?

Love ya man.... really, but no homo (except for maybe on the seventh Tuesday of July... but ya gotta catch me in just the right mood).

Well you said Iroks and I said they burp that's kinda useful. I'm full homo so don't tease

Oh and they cost so much because Shannon Campbell runs them.

Sent by 6ix Offroad

Ah.... 20% bump for the Cambell effect?

I see.... so if I toss another 500k at my rig, do you think I could win a race?

Who's offering up a helo to bring me cold beer and a team of mechanics when I break on the trail?

And lastly.... where can I get a flatbill?

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by abendx View Post
    Ah.... 20% bump for the Cambell effect?

I see.... so if I toss another 500k at my rig, do you think I could win a race?

Who's offering up a helo to bring me cold beer and a team of mechanics when I break on the trail?

And lastly.... where can I get a flatbill?

Pocket Pool anyone ???

(sorry, I have no experience with those tires either)

Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
    my wife shit in my face, bit my dick, and my neighbor came out of the closet..

2011 JK SPORT__________________________________________________ _________Kapt Krappy

When I talked to maxxis they said weren't making the creepie stickies anymore. Maybe something has changed. The treps work ridiculously well though. I'd run them if they weren't $700 a tire.

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Aug 2012
    Would you be running a 42" tire?

If so, might as well look at the SS SX's in 43. They have a very nice sticky tire.

I run the non-sticky version and they work very well.

I have heard of people breaking 14B axles with the 43SX stickies though....so be mindful of that aspect of sticky tires.

Not sure if the creepy is made in sticky or not still, but several people had them this weekend out in JV. I watched two rigs carefully that were running the creepies.... one sticky, one not. The non stickies did way worse than my shitty MTRs and the stickies did well... maybe it was the driver too? But... the treps I watched on the trail did seem to hook up WAY better. I don't think there is any reason to buy the creepies at this point. Talking with some racers I know and other guys that have been running stickies for a while all pointed to the treps as being the better tire of the two.

Found them shipped for just a tad under what they's cost non-sticky from the local 4WP (tire+tax). Hope to get them tomorrow or weds... Mount them on Friday for wheeling on Saturday!

I'd like to be on a 42... but they don't make that in the trep and honestly.... Maxxis won my cash because of the rep they have on their sidewalls. I'll deal with 40s. Also was told the Interco tires were seven plus weeks out on a sticky order.

The guys that would put their tire choice in order, all said the same thing in a sticky:

1. Treps
    2. Krawlers
    3. Creepies
    Last edited by abendx; 11-25-2013 at 01:49 PM.