Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

MyGig successfully fixed!!

I bought a used 2010 MyGig Nav RER and it worked properly for about 3 months. The symptoms started small, in that I couldn't access my music on the HDD, followed by the Uconnect only working sometimes, ending with my maps being dropped all together. I don't blame the seller at all; it's a crap shoot buying used electronics. Interestingly, the unit still worked for receiving radio, playing DVDs and controlling my iPod but I still wanted my maps and HDD access. I started looking around and found http://mygig-disk.com/. I bought the images for 30 dollars, got a new HDD, the required cable, and followed the instructions for writing the image on the drive. Here's where it got fun.

I was having problems getting my computer to recognize the new HDD I was trying to write the image to. I tried another HDD, and another PC with the same result. I contacted mygig-disk help and Steve was very helpful in trying to get my problem solved. When it still wouldn't work, he gave me his address and offered to write the image on my drive for me at no charge. He didn't have to do this, as it was not his problem at all. (Later we determined that Amazon had sent me a defective IDE cable, needed to write the image to the new drive.) Customer service is NOT dead. I now have a bigger, better drive and the MyGig works as it should. Before you trash your broken MyGig, or try to sell it for scrap, check the site out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If I were to be around you and you smelled like cake then I probably would retract my statement about disliking you.
    الساق مع الديك

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Very cool. How much bigger is the new drive?
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

I went with a 40GB. The 30 bucks gets you images for a 30, 40 and 60 gig HDD, but I got the 40 for mo' better temp range of operation.

nice work, never knew you could upgrade the hd on those
    Hands up, Don't shoot!