Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Drivers window slow to go up

My drivers side window is having a hard time going up. Really slow for the first 6 inches or so then it goes up regular speed. Was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the electric windows and if so what did you do about it. With the cold weather here I'm afraid of it not going up at all one of these times. thanks.
    Hey Dickhead, get out of the fast lane! Unless you're passing of course.

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    I've had trouble with power windows on other vehicles I've owed similar to what you are describing.

Slow then normal sounds like it may just need some lube. Pull the door panel and spray the tracks and mechanism with some 100% silicone spray.

It has worked for me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
    my wife shit in my face, bit my dick, and my neighbor came out of the closet..

2011 JK SPORT__________________________________________________ _________Kapt Krappy

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Same here on the passenger front Ian.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptkrappy View Post
    I've had trouble with power windows on other vehicles I've owed similar to what you are describing.

Slow then normal sounds like it may just need some lube. Pull the door panel and spray the tracks and mechanism with some 100% silicone spray.

It has worked for me in the past.

Pull the door panel lol. Have you seen that procedure? Yikes. Serously you think it's just the slides? I was wondering if the weatherstripping has worn and causing it to drag.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Turn the crank faster. Duh
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Sometimes my zipper gets stuck.
    Stock Sahara

Date Committed
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
    Same here on the passenger front Ian.Pull the door panel lol. Have you seen that procedure? Yikes. Serously you think it's just the slides? I was wondering if the weatherstripping has worn and causing it to drag.
    You probably got me there. Never worked on the inside of a JK door before. Mine are under a blanket in the garage somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Pull my crank faster and harder. please
    ^^^
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
    Sometimes my zipper gets stuck.
    Ditto.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptkrappy View Post
    You probably got me there. Never worked on the inside of a JK door before. Mine are under a blanket in the garage somewhere.
    Yeah I know Dirty has had his doors apart before. I just remember seeing a write-up on removal and it wasn't necessarily difficult, just looked really complicated compared to the simple door panels of old.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13393

Bunch of pansies with your fancy electric windows, strictly crank windows here! Bitch leaning over to crank it up on the freeway though, haven't wrecked yet, knock on woodie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Sig: E.T.O.H. PRN

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Bunch of pansies with your fancy electric windows, strictly crank windows here! Bitch leaning over to crank it up on the freeway though, haven't wrecked yet, knock on woodie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I know right? Every other vehicle we own with exception of the crown vic has crank windows. The four door would really be a drag if we had to reach back there while driving on the freeway lol.