Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011

ATS Single Disk TC

Anyone have any experience with the ATS Single Disk TC?

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...012-Jeep-42RLE

I lost reverse gear last weekend on a wheeling trip. Having a trans shop diagnose the issue this week. My 42rle has 98K miles on it so it may need a rebuild...as well as whatever the hell happened to Reverse. Was wondering if the HD torque converter would be a worthy upgrade?
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I read enough to know I don't know. It sounds really complicated http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...ey-t99304.html

I do see people are selling it for 03-12 Jeeps with 42RLE
    http://www.xdpjeep.com/ats3029018320...converter.aspx

Isn't ATS the one that makes the HD tranny too? Maybe you should call them and tell them about your Jeep and how it's set up, see what they have to say.

EDIT> Yeah here ya go http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...p?p=3069408320

If worse comes to worse that's a $1900 fix in Shiny Lika Blue
    Last edited by gold knight; 10-22-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    reviving from the dead...because I can, it's my thread.

Ended up ordering and installing the ATS HD torque converter when I had my trans rebuilt in November of 2013. That fucking converter lasted 300 miles and completely shit itself...left me on the side of the road.

Pulled it and sent it back to ATS and they confirmed that it was fubar. Sent me a new one, or maybe they "fixed" the original one, don't really know.

12,000 miles later and basically 2 years, the converter has shit itself again.

Called ATS and again, they have to see the converter before they warranty it and send a new or repaired one.

Asked them to just keep it and give me my money back, or even half my money back. They said "oh no, its been 3 years" I said it's been 2 years and 12,000 miles, WTF. "No, we can't give you your money back, plus, it may be a solenoid and not the TC" Called my trans guy back and he said, "no, the TC is crapped out".

I may just go back with a stock converter... this "HD" converter has done nothing but piss me off

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Did someone say Lika Blue?
    Stock Sahara

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

We got lucky and when the transmission decided to lock in place between drive and reverse ( at least that's how it felt and acted) it was towed to the dealer covered under the warranty. Screwy thing with Chrysler is they have to build it from pieces. Only thing still good was the parking pawl and one other part. Even the case was cracked. :eek:

Good news if you go back with the stock converter, it definitely fixed the shudder when backing up that was one of the earlier tsb's for the JK.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
    Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

We got lucky and when the transmission decided to lock in place between drive and reverse ( at least that's how it felt and acted) it was towed to the dealer covered under the warranty. Screwy thing with Chrysler is they have to build it from pieces. Only thing still good was the parking pawl and one other part. Even the case was cracked. :eek:

Good news if you go back with the stock converter, it definitely fixed the shudder when backing up that was one of the earlier tsb's for the JK.
    I am going back with the stock converter. I'm shipping the ATS Piece O' Crap back to them...they can keep the damn thing