Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Seats: What'cha runnin?

So, I'm thinking it's time for new seats. I'm not the lightest guy in the world and I spend a lot of time behind the windshield. Been having some hip problems lately (yes, I'm sure I could stand to lose a few pounds), but thinking a good suspension seat will help with being in the driver seat every day.

That being said, I want to get a feel for what you guys who have swapped out your seats are running. What do you like? What don't you like? How do they fit your size, comfort, fit and finish, etc.

Been mainly looking at Mastercraft, Corbeau, and Twisted Stitch....but open to anything at this point.

What say you?
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

i'm still stock, but have heard about corbeau issues with the ones that recline
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

Bat Shit Crazy Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Doesn't Lika run with Twisted Stitch? You guys steal his Jeep more than he drives it, so he won't know.
    Not familiar with Corbeau other than Desert Dog having the seat give out on him while wheelin, but Mastercraft makes good quality stuff.
    You just done with the stock ones or you looking to upgrade? Have to admit, the stockers hold up, might just buy some off CL.

I seem to recall him getting those seats
    Bryan

As far as I know, Corbeau fixed the issue, changing out the plastic mechanism for a metal one.... but that is just hearsay.

While I haven't yet had the pleasure to run my seats yet, I purchased PRP seats for my build.... they are amazingly comfortable, watching TV. :)

I can tell you this, tube framed buggies (i.e. no rubber body bushings) with suspension seats seem to be easier on my bad back than the stock setup is.... I think that says a lot. SO I think you'll be very happy with a set.

A buddy of mine has the shittybuilt ones in his... and for about one of mine (or one of the other name brands), it really isn't that bad a deal. They were comfy when I rode bitch the last time with him, but you might want to look and see what the masses say about quality... as we know they can not be up to snuff all the time.
    115.5" JKoupe

Date Committed
    Nov 2011

I really have nothing to add. I an very happy wwith my Trek Armour seat covers tha I got from Jester Offroad though.

How bad are your seats now?
    Hey Dickhead, get out of the fast lane! Unless you're passing of course.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Just not comfortable. I sit in the Jeep all day sometimes and end up stiff and limping by the end of the day.

You might want to also try a seat heater... might be enough to make your current seats bearable?

Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Just not comfortable. I sit in the Jeep all day sometimes and end up stiff and limping by the end of the day.
    do you have covers on the seat? I added the rugged ridge neoprene covers and it made the seats so much more comfortable, especially the headrests. the extra cushioning helped

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by abendx View Post
    As far as I know, Corbeau fixed the issue, changing out the plastic mechanism for a metal one.... but that is just hearsay.

While I haven't yet had the pleasure to run my seats yet, I purchased PRP seats for my build.... they are amazingly comfortable, watching TV. :)

I can tell you this, tube framed buggies (i.e. no rubber body bushings) with suspension seats seem to be easier on my bad back than the stock setup is.... I think that says a lot. SO I think you'll be very happy with a set.
    Oh yeah, been looking at the PRPs, too. The suspension is the way it looks like I want to go. I need the comfort...and too lazy to tear mine apart and re-cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by abendx View Post
    You might want to also try a seat heater... might be enough to make your current seats bearable?
    I'm a really warm person as it is, so I can't have anything that would make me even hotter. (and before the usual suspects jump in....no, not personally warm. I know I'm still a prick. And ladies....yes, I AM that hot)

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    do you have covers on the seat? I added the rugged ridge neoprene covers and it made the seats so much more comfortable, especially the headrests. the extra cushioning helped
    I hear a rumor that there might be some Trek Armor covers coming, but not holding my breath. Plus, I'm not sure how much difference a seat cover is going to make.

I have the non reclineable twisted stitch apex seats. They definitely take the edge off of the hard hits when wheeling, but I don't think they are any more comfortable on long drives. Maybe if the reclined they would be better. They are also a little short for me and I am only 5'10"

I ran MCS in my YJ and we run them in our JK's. I like them they are a bit snug on the hips, and their side bolster is pretty big. I have driven 8+ hours on them and felt good. I had to remove my wallet (all the bills yo!) and couldn't wear my Gerber on the belt because it got pushed into me. That being said, I have a set sitting in the garage to put into my 2013, but the seats in the newer JK's are the bee's knees. So go to the list of Craig's and get a pair.