Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Fuse Block Suggestions

Getting ready to get 3 sets of Rigid LED's. A set on the bumper, a pair on the windshield and a set on rear bumper. Also thinking a pair of 7'' HID's on the bull bar. I'll probably be adding a underhood compressor in the near future too. What are you guy's using besides the sPod ? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by PADDY O"DAILEY; 04-06-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    POG MO THOIN

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    sPOD is the way to go in my opinion. What kind of Jeep do you have? I have a used sPOD with the switch that came out of a TJ.

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    If you not sold on sPOD, 12 volt guy makes kick ass shit and you can have it customized with etching and shit. Shit.

But I had a sPOD in my old shit box. It was retard proof, which i usually need.

Shit.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    You can go with a Bussman box and build it the way you want with relays and fuses. It's the way I went, already had a switch panel so I didn't want to go sPod.

something like this, mine is installed next to my battery under the hood.

TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    You can go with a Bussman box and build it the way you want with relays and fuses. It's the way I went, already had a switch panel so I didn't want to go sPod.

something like this, mine is installed next to my battery under the hood.

where are you getting your trigger wire from,,, battery or one of the ''spares'' in the factory fuse box

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    I went to the battery because I wanted it to have power all the time. Like you mentioned, you can hit one of those slots in the fuse box if you want accessory only power.

TcDawg could you post a link to that bussman relay block you have ,,, i searched there web site and im coming up empty, thanks. stephan

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE View Post
    TcDawg could you post a link to that bussman relay block you have ,,, i searched there web site and im coming up empty, thanks. stephan
    I bought mine from this guy:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...lay-panel.html

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    This isnt a bad deal for one already put together

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Relay-Box-Fu...item3a7f2b839f

thanks guy's... i just spent the last 2 hours trying to find a hot lead in the OE fuse box ,, none of my empty slots have power.. i was 100% sure that 3 of those slots had power when the ignition was in to on position... have the changed from year to year,,, mine is a mid model year 2010 jku. if that matters... any help would be awesome.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    thanks guy's... i just spent the last 2 hours trying to find a hot lead in the OE fuse box ,, none of my empty slots have power.. i was 100% sure that 3 of those slots had power when the ignition was in to on position... have the changed from year to year,,, mine is a mid model year 2010 jku. if that matters... any help would be awesome.

stupid question, but how exactly do you go about tapping into the fuse box slots? I am a wiring idiot
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    you can go cheap and easy and use these

or you can order the correct pins and go thru the harness into the empty slots :)

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post

looks like im gonna have to get a new test light,, those open lugs,, j 1 -3 and 8 are dead no power ing on or off,,, i must have checked them 5 x

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    did you check both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    did you check both sides?
    yes ,,, kind of has me confused now... i'll give it another shot tomorrow,,,

in all my brilliance,, i was going positive to positive..... yup we be all set now. D'oh

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice!!!!!

in all my brilliance,, i was going positive to positive..... yup we be all set now. D'oh
    Look... I'm the one that does stuff like that 'round heah. You get a pass this time, but I am the dumbass on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If I were to be around you and you smelled like cake then I probably would retract my statement about disliking you.
    الساق مع الديك