Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

.:eMETAL:. and the 99 TJ build...

So I'm finally getting around to putting a little coin into the Jeep so I can hit the trails this year...

I'm starting to build up the 99 TJ. So far I've added the Safari Rack and some sick Level8 wheels wrapped in Goodyear Duratrac tires. The Level8 ZX's have optional scratch rings made out of delrin resin (like a kitchen cutting board). I cleaned them up and hit them with 4-5 coats of white to match the rig. Came out pretty sexy I think..

For the armor I'm being budget friendly and went the route of ebay for an eautogrilles rear bumper tire carrier and rocker armor/sliders. Installed the bumper/carrier on Friday and overall I'm very happy with it. There were a few shipping scuffs but one would expect this for free shipping and a $499 bumper!; actually this was packaged a lot better than I had had expected! They even added thick cardboard to all of the ends (bumper, carrier, hitch).

and looky looky... XRC sound familiar? Yep this is just a re-branded Smittybilt (re-branded Paramount Restyling). Even the powdercoating is similar as I have owned a few Smittybilt bumpers on my JK.

A few scuff marks on the bumper step. This is due to the tire carrier extension that bolts from the carrier to the tire. They packaged this in a box and it was free to move around inside. Nothing down to metal though. I plan to grip-tape this area anyway.

A bottom bracket had taken a hit but nothing a little persuasion from a dead blow didn't cure.

Again, overall I'm very happy with the bumper. For the price it's solid (no rattles) and the coating is decent. I plan to strip it and coat it in anthracite anyways this summer but it's nice to have something on it currently because it's freakin cold around here these days and painting it would have been a process. Looks like I'm going to have to relocate my license plate though; I'm thinking of attaching it to the bottom of the carrier so it sits in the step portion of the bumper because I'd like to keep the spare opened up. Also installed some Delta lug nut brake lights but forgot to add my center cap (tonight's project).

I have the rocker guard sliders to install next (just waiting on my nutsert tool to arrive).

For the front I went with JCROffroad's new Dagger series bumper in Stinger Deluxe flavoring. Purchased from EADOffroad. The build quality of this top notch, welds are dreamy, and the fit and finish couldn't be more spot on..... AMURRICA!

Match that with Alec's above and beyond customer service at EADOffroad and I'm a happy Jeeper!

:band:

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Loookin good, E! Glad to see the TJs represent!
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice work Erick... That sucker is looking SWEET!
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

yeah she's coming along nicely. I should get the rock sliders on this week (hoping Friday), as the nutsert tool should arrive today. Next up is a lift. Going to ditch the procomp 2" coils and shocks and pickup a Rough Country 4" with lower arms along with a slip yoke eliminator & driveshaft. Been looking to find some Rubicon fenders to purchase and trim up so I can get rid of the pocket style flares which just rob the wheels of travel room!

Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Loookin good, E! Glad to see the TJs represent!
    yeah I know I've been kind of dormant but that should turn around with a trail worthy and equipped rig. Looking forward to climbing some mountains this spring and documenting the trips as well!