Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform

4 Door Rubi Springs On A 2 Door, Does It Help?

Well, I say yes. How much, not a whole lot, but it clears 35's fine...

Thanks to Dr.Dirty, I got some Rubi 4 door springs (ending in 18 and 59 rreplacing 14 and 55's) and put them on my wife shitbox. Looks like she got almost 2 inches out of it. Maybe more in the 1.5 range. The big difference was the rubicon shocks. What a more improved ride.

Anyway, if you are looking to gain a bit of clearance for your 2 door, go with some rubi springs if you can get them cheap. Or...If you have a 2 or 4 door, do yourself a favor and find some rubi shocks and throw them on.

I am much more impressed with the difference between the stock goo and the rubi red than I am with the lift of the 4 door springs.

Anyway here is pics..

Quite possibly the first JUJC function where no beer was comsumed. Mostly because I am (was) on the wagon. As I type, I am off, but soon to be back on..

Thanks to jeep-in-it for giving me a sweet deal on the wheels and tires...

That would be me supervising Craig...like always. Gotta keep him in check.

Craig has two cool ass dogs. My kid was in heaven.

I finally had to jump in....Do some work. And you know what happens when I do work? I put my one piece blue jump suit on. Now whats' up?

Now for the factual data. As you can see the passenger side of the jeep is higher than the drivers side, and that's because the passenger side has 4 door rubi spring in it and the drivers side doesn't. How much difference? Well, that's for you to decide..

End product....Happy wife who wants to screw the shit out of me tonight!

Enough pics Scott?
    Last edited by jkristie44; 02-09-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    pics are ok.....but I would've liked to see some actual measurements with this kind of experiment.
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I know. I forgot the tape measure. I blame it on not drinking beer. But it did make a difference.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    If you can find someone with a stock rig, get some numbers, then measure yours and post up the difference. I'm actually really curious about this and damn it, I want some results!

Didn't you send me some 4 door Rubicon springs last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If I were to be around you and you smelled like cake then I probably would retract my statement about disliking you.
    الساق مع الديك

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Yup. I got these ones from Scott this week.

I'll get it measured up this week from a stock jeep at work.

Re: 4 Door Rubi Springs On A 2 Door, Does It Help?

It usually nets anywhere from 1/2" to 1 1/4" depending on what shocks your 2 door had. It is well worth it for ride and off road performance!

www.sevenslat4x4.com shop.sevenslat4x4.com
    SEVENSLAT4X4
    JEEP ALWAYS
    WWW.SEVENSLAT4X4.COM
    2008 JEEP WRANGLER JK SAHARA - TERAFLEX 4'' COMPLETE SUSPENSION SYSTEM - SHROCKWORKS FRONT MID-WIDTH BUMPER WITH SKID PLATE AND SMITTYBILT XRC-8 WINCH
    SHROCKWORKS REAR STUBBY BUMPER WITHOUT TIRE CARRIER - TERAFLEX FRONT AND REAR DRIVESHAFTS - MICKEY THOMPSON 315 70R17 BAJA MTZ TIRES - CUSTOM RENEGADE GRAPHICS

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice relatively inexpensive upgrade. I agree the rubi shocks alone are a big improvement over the X/sport ones.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Looks good man and Jen looks happy so I think it was a win win. Now she needs bumpers

I am wondering how 4 dr rubi springs would change (if any) the stance of my 2dr rubi (stock spr) ?

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
    Looks like she got almost 2 inches out of it. Maybe more in the 1.5 range.
    You know better than to type this but because it is your wife and not just some random chick you were helping with jeep mods, I'll withhold the dumbass comment.
    Last edited by tcDawg; 02-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/