Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: nutsert tool

nutsert tool

what nutsert tools are you guys using? i cant find one locally and not sure which online version I need, they are not cheap. I need one to install my trailmods flares set, and need to know which size tool I need as well
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    I have a couple from some inherited tools I got a couple of weeks ago. I just need to dig them out, but I can check this weekend. I hear or seem to remeber reading Harbor Friegh tool was ok to use.

Unfortunatly, I think Dr.Dirty is out hammering beers at the hammers because I am sure he knows since he has them.

Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
    I have a couple from some inherited tools I got a couple of weeks ago. I just need to dig them out, but I can check this weekend. I hear or seem to remeber reading Harbor Friegh tool was ok to use.

Unfortunatly, I think Dr.Dirty is out hammering beers at the hammers because I am sure he knows since he has them.
    I'll be there hammering beers before dirty, and I'm still sitting at my damn desk! lol. I didn't use nutserts for my trail mods flares, I think I just used two bolts with nuts on the rear and whatever came with them for the front. I'll have to crawl under and look I guess.
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

I think I only need to do 4 of em, So I guess I can try with the harbor freight one, the others online are expensive

Re: nutsert tool

I've used the harbor freight one. Pretty good quality for them.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post
    I'll be there hammering beers before dirty, and I'm still sitting at my damn desk! lol. I didn't use nutserts for my trail mods flares, I think I just used two bolts with nuts on the rear and whatever came with them for the front. I'll have to crawl under and look I guess.
    perfect, that would help a lot, and save me some cash

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I got a set for work at McMaster-Carr. Yes spendy but good quality. I used it for a few things. They are handy to have around.
    Hey Dickhead, get out of the fast lane! Unless you're passing of course.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

nutsert tool

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    I think I only need to do 4 of em, So I guess I can try with the harbor freight one, the others online are expensive
    Josh, I was just at that HF on Bells Ferry a couple days ago and they had one on the shelf.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

thanks Tony, I will hit them up if I cant do what viking said, bolts would be easier and cheaper

I've installed hundreds of nutserts (and Ive tried every tool from cheap to ridiculously expensive) nothing works better then a 3/8 air impact with a wrench set at a very low torque setting using the bolt and nut method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

You will need a few nutserts for the trailmods install - I was able to get away with a few nut & bolt substitutions, but not all unfortunately.

Hire the best tool you can get your hands on (or buy) - cheap shit will end in tears.

I got a Daffra adapter, similar price to a decent hand job but waste of $ in the end

I bought the cheap harbor freight tool, hopefully if is good enough to do 4 nutserts, not bad for 14.41

4 nutserts in with no issue, this hf tool works pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    4 nutserts in with no issue, this hf tool works pretty good
    Yup. I did all of mine with the same tool all 30 or so that i had to do.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Josh
    first, your new sig video is tremendous!
    second, I just ordered some B piller armor and I'll have about 6 or 8 nutserts to do on each one. I'd loved to borrow that HF tool you bought, I'd go in halves with you on it.

I'll let you know when my stuff comes in.
    Last edited by tcDawg; 02-12-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I have been using the HF cheapo for years and it works fine if you are patient.

Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    Josh
    first, your new sign video is tremendous!
    second, I just ordered some B piller armor and I'll have about 6 or 8 nutserts to do on each one. I'd loved to borrow that HF tool you bought, I'd go in halves with you on it.

I'll let you know when my stuff comes in.
    no worries, you can use it fo free, , it was only $14

and yes, i love sweater puppies

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Jul 2012
    I am a fan of the puppies also! I know a few people who used the HF tool for installing the evo skins and they said their hands were toast after! That being said, ill use it as well because I'm cheap as hell and my hand will feel better after some beer and motrin!