Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform

Winch Stuff.....

So I got this Engo...

Looks pretty decent. All fucking fast and furious and shit..

Go to hook up the Solenoid to the winch.

Cables are no where near long enough...

Now normally I wouldn't be so pissed, but I started drinking early today, and I now have to have my wife drive me to the store to get longer shit. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on the red cable, but that fucking yellow cable is not even close. I know I have the RR XDH and they dont like Engo's too much, but there is no way that yellow cable is getting to it's terminal regardless of when you put the solenoid.

It's cool though, gonna mount the thing here. Just need to figure out a way to keep it stable.

Bitches love carbon fiber under the hood.

Just will have to wait till Monday. No more day light.
    Last edited by jkristie44; 01-19-2013 at 07:28 PM.

You'll have to let me know how that winch holds up. Been looking at the regular non-fast & furious one myself. 'Cuz let's be real, here.....my Jeep ain't even close to fast, even with the new gears!
    2011 JKU Rubicon

Rock Krawler | XD | Nitto | Crown | Poison Spyder | Yukon | HID Projectors | GenRight | BesTop | Tuffy | Cobra | HID X | AEV | TeraFlex | Drake | Safari Straps

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
    You'll have to let me know how that winch holds up. Been looking at the regular non-fast & furious one myself. 'Cuz let's be real, here.....my Jeep ain't even close to fast, even with the new gears!
    Yep, I'm curious too, although I don't think there will be any problems. I'll probably get one of these, maybe a 12k model, for the JK whenever I start buying shit for it again.
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post
    Yep, I'm curious too, although I don't think there will be any problems. I'll probably get one of these, maybe a 12k model, for the JK whenever I start buying shit for it again.
    Yeah, I'm too busy buying shit for my RC crawlers and my AR. Well...not having much luck with AR stuff, but still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
    Yeah, I'm too busy buying shit for my RC crawlers and my AR. Well...not having much luck with AR stuff, but still trying.
    Yea, AR shit is no where to be found, I bought some stuff here and there, but my biggest issue right now is finding the componets for reloading.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Don't forget to grab your phone off the fender before you drive off.
    Hey Dickhead, get out of the fast lane! Unless you're passing of course.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    From what I hear, the fast and the furious is it. New color. They are showing an all black model on their web site for a few more bucks, but it is not available yet....

Whatever the fuck that means. Hell it was har enough to get this one. It shipped like on the 28th of December, sat in washington for like 5 days, Utah for 2 more, then made it to jacksonville in 1 day. Gotta love UPS.

Oh Ian, I didn't want that phone anyway.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Oh, and putting the solenoid under the hood on this new penistar has proven to be quite the challenge. I know (from Venom) in the 3.8 it fits right between the battery and the TIPM, but with the battery rotated, there is really know where except for where the spod goes, or above the battery.

so with my horrible metal skills, I cam up with this template out of 16 guage. Gonna send it out to Dr.Dirty to make a much better piece, wheither it will work or not is TBD, but it does fit right here with the hood shut.

I know....Looks like something Draken would come up with, but it will get cleaned up!
    Last edited by jkristie44; 01-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Winch Stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post

Whatever the fuck that means. Hell it was har enough to get this one. It shipped like on the 28th of December, sat in washington for like 5 days,
    I'd chill in Washington for 5 days too if I could smoke up all legal and shit. Refer madness...
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Winch Stuff.....

Ok, an actual tech question that is relevant to the original topic of this thread.

Are you just going to an auto parts store to get the heavy gauge wire to extend the winch box under the hood? The ground and positive would be fine right? My ground goes from the battery to the winch body, that wouldn't need to change. The positive goes from the battery to the box. Putting it closer to the battery would be fine. Maybe shorten it.

But the three wires that run from the box to the winch body, they need to be replaced with longer wires, correct?

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Yeah 4 guage from Advance Auto. Well, that's what I got for extending the yellow one.

I am just going to flip some of the wires I have now around. Like the red that runs from the solenoid to the battery, longer one, I'll flip that with the shorter red and run the shorter to the battery and the longer from the solenoid to the winch. My ground comes off the winch direct to the battery so nothing needed there. I'll have to get a longer one for the yellow and black that go from solenoid to winch, but they are only like 6 to 10 bucks each.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...001%7CL3*15605

After taking the solenoid apart, realizing the lack of water tight seal, and living in the rain capital of the country, I think it's best to get it out of harms way. Plus I got the 12 volt guy in cab winch control, and I am guessing I am going to have to drill a hole in the solenoid to run those wires. New hole, more chance for water.
    Last edited by jkristie44; 01-23-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Nice idea for the solenoid, to move it under the hood.
    From the little bit of research I have done on this winch, it seems that the solenoid box is supposed to be mounted off-center on the winch, more to the pass side of the Jeep, to allow the wires to reach. But, I like the idea of having it out of the elements.

Not my Jeep:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMP

'07 JK Unlimited Rubicon
    Steel Blue
    Lift, tires, bumpers, the usual mods......... and 2 extra cylinders