Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Edumacate Me On An Oil Pan

    So I need a new oil pan gasket since mine is leaking. Not bad since it took 97K+ miles and "impact damage" as the dealership put it.

    I've changed a gasket or two in my day but this is new to me. Here is what I'm looking at:


    The second link makes sense enough. Gasket and pick-up tube seal. The first link however raises a few questions. If it just said set I would take it to mean gasket & seal and leave it at that but the Fel-Pro description has "multi-piece set" and "position: upper". What the heck do they mean by "upper"?

  2. #2
    Who is your daddy? dr.dirty's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    I just used RTV on mine when I added the Benchmark designs HD pan. you dont need the upper unless you pull the spacer plate as well

  3. #3
    RTV is magic stuff.

    Spacer plate? Is it anything like windage tray?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: