Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Rain Gear finally has covers for the JK?

At least their website says so! I wanted to buy one of these right after we bought our JK and they still weren't in production! I assumed they were just not advancing their business. In light of recent, uh-hum, conditions... I could have really used one of these. I bet it will not fit over the high lift mount kit from Jeep Swag though, not their standard one anyway. We had one for our old TJ and absolutely loved it. It was COMPLETELY waterproof, tight fit, easy to put on/take off and great quality. Hope they didn't slouch on the new production one's for the JK's. Maybe I could just buy the one designed to go over the hard or soft top...

http://www.jeepcovers.com/storename/...-11000186.aspx

2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Bat Shit Crazy Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Rain Gear finally has covers for the JK?

I want one of these for the thunderstorms we get up here usually around August and September. Be nice not having to watch the sky's at work when my tops off.

Well, I finally ordered one. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm going to see if i can modify it to fit with the light bar and the hi-lift mount on the rear of the JK. If I can't it'll be up for sale

Found myself looking for a picture I thought I posted here but apparently only put on facebook. Anyway the top did fit over the light bar and high lift mount, it's not perfect but it does work great. You can see in the picture this it not typical fitment for a Rain Gear cover which is always awesome. I'd recommend one to anyone interested.

Much better than previous versions of my home made rain cover...

I left my Jeep up at my office for a couple hours yesterday, and while I was gone, a thunderstorm popped up out of nowhere that was a complete turd-floater downpour. I drove it home with a couple inches of water sloshing around the floorboard. All carpet out, all drain plugs out... luckily the sun came out again, and after a couple hours, I put everything back together nice and dry.

I need one of these covers. Bad.

~SoCo

Bat Shit Crazy Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Lika needs one for his rims...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo_Fox View Post
    I left my Jeep up at my office for a couple hours yesterday, and while I was gone, a thunderstorm popped up out of nowhere that was a complete turd-floater downpour. I drove it home with a couple inches of water sloshing around the floorboard. All carpet out, all drain plugs out... luckily the sun came out again, and after a couple hours, I put everything back together nice and dry.

I need one of these covers. Bad.

~SoCo
    On a side note they come with a bag to store them in and they do fold up pretty small. I don't use the bag much, I just flip the sides up on top, and roll the whole thing up from back to front. Fold it in half and call it a day. When I put it back on, I toss it over the windshield and unroll it. Piece of cake. Anyway, put it on the short list SoCo, bet you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice View Post
    Lika needs one for his rims...
    Hahaha, no shit right?!?