Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Beer Drinkers Come on out

What do you like to drink?
    What are you drinking right now?
    Anyone on Untappd, post up your user name?
    You brew, tell us about it.

I'm a big IPA fan, love the hops! Big Pale Ale fan as well... Chilling, watching the PAC 12 championship game, with a local beer, SweetWater 420.

Last edited by tcDawg; 11-30-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

I have been drinking blue moon, Stone, and magic hat lately, but for the last month or so I went back to my favorite: Leinenkugel Summer Wheat. When I am feeling thrifty I go with Rolling Rock or Red Stripe

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    I am on the bud light right now. Managed to tKs the flares off my jeep.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Split this evening between Green Flash Hop Head Red and Stone's Lucky Bastard. Next up is the Stone collaboration black saison.
    Get the hottest crime novel out now! http://amzn.to/Zovqkj or http://bit.ly/18N0Juv

I'm enjoying the "runt" bottle of my home brewed Belgian dubbel ale and have a six pack in the fridge right now for tomorrow's enjoyment.

The "runt" is the last bottle filled that is never quite full and has a little sediment from transferring the last bit of brew out of the fermentation vessel. I always open this bottle first about a week after bottling to check on the carbonation/conditioning process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepchic55 View Post
    I have been drinking blue moon, Stone, and magic hat lately, but for the last month or so I went back to my favorite: Leinenkugel Summer Wheat. When I am feeling thrifty I go with Rolling Rock or Red Stripe
    Blue Moon is pretty common for me, especially after I leave the shooting range with friends. We typically stop in an old bar I used to shoot a lot of 9-ball at. Dr. Dirty recently introduced me to Magic Hat and I thought it was great! Need to remember to buy some for the house. I haven't had Leinenkugel in years up until about 3 weeks ago I picked up a 6 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
    I am on the bud light right now. Managed to tKs the flares off my jeep.
    For light beers I'm a Coors guy, typically keystone when I'm camping :lol: Turkey day (and the day before) was all bud light all day at my brother in laws house, it's his preference. Sometimes I just want good ol fashioned budweiser, especially at football games.

Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Split this evening between Green Flash Hop Head Red and Stone's Lucky Bastard. Next up is the Stone collaboration black saison.
    Pretty sure I had Hop Head at Nikki Rotten's not long ago. At another local bar they had double bastard on tap! Put two pints of that down before moving onto something lighter :lol:

More common local beers for me are from Coronado Brewing Company. Had a really interesting seasonal not long ago with a funky ass name, of course I liked it. Typically their Orange Ave, Mermaid Red, and Golden are my go-to's for them.

I really like to try all kinds of beers. I look forward to making notes about what you guys enjoy so I can try them out! I'll post up the various shit I'm trying when I'm out, we can use backspace keys in this thread right?

How could I almost leave out German Hefe's, sweet baby jesus... I'll just make a post when German beer night comes around again..

Cheers Crazies!
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post
    Blue Moon is pretty common for me, especially after I leave the shooting range with friends. We typically stop in an old bar I used to shoot a lot of 9-ball at. Dr. Dirty recently introduced me to Magic Hat and I thought it was great! Need to remember to buy some for the house. I haven't had Leinenkugel in years up until about 3 weeks ago I picked up a 6 pack.
    You and I have similar beer taste. Dr Dirty told me he liked it so I tried it and really enjoyed it. I have stocked it ever since.

All Budwieser for me, are in the family. Bud light is the choice drink! But an occasional dos seccies or (how ever you spell it) comes to the table!

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    I'm on Untappd...Wordgie https://untappd.com/user/Wordgie

Huge IPA and becoming a wheat/heffeweize and porter/stout fan.

I'm up to about 15 different Sam Adams so far (Latitude 48 IPA and Chocolate Bock are great).

Arrogant Bastard is about the best beer I've ever had. The first time I had it, the skies parted and a ray of sunshine shone on me.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Massey View Post
    All Budwieser for me, are in the family. Bud light is the choice drink! But an occasional dos seccies or (how ever you spell it) comes to the table!
    How do you spell it...XX

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by VikingGinger View Post

For light beers I'm a Coors guy, typically keystone when I'm camping :lol: Turkey day (and the day before) was all bud light all day at my brother in laws house, it's his preference. Sometimes I just want good ol fashioned budweiser, especially at football games.

Pretty sure I had Hop Head at Nikki Rotten's not long ago. At another local bar they had double bastard on tap! Put two pints of that down before moving onto something lighter :lol:

More common local beers for me are from Coronado Brewing Company. Had a really interesting seasonal not long ago with a funky ass name, of course I liked it. Typically their Orange Ave, Mermaid Red, and Golden are my go-to's for them.

I really like to try all kinds of beers. I look forward to making notes about what you guys enjoy so I can try them out! I'll post up the various shit I'm trying when I'm out, we can use backspace keys in this thread right?

How could I almost leave out German Hefe's, sweet baby jesus... I'll just make a post when German beer night comes around again..

Cheers Crazies!
    Download the Untappd app for your phone, it's great for putting in beers, notes and bars. Very cool app.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wordgie View Post
    I'm on Untappd...Wordgie https://untappd.com/user/Wordgie

Huge IPA and becoming a wheat/heffeweize and porter/stout fan.

I'm up to about 15 different Sam Adams so far (Latitude 48 IPA and Chocolate Bock are great).

Arrogant Bastard is about the best beer I've ever had. The first time I had it, the skies parted and a ray of sunshine shone on me.
    Arrogant Bastard...a pure winner! There Stone IPA is killer.

Edit: double edit: I'm tcdawg on untappd
    Last edited by tcDawg; 12-01-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    I still haven't had their IPA. I need two more stouts/porters to finish the heavyweight badge. I'm thinking it'll be the Green Flash double stout and Stone vanilla porter.

I've been pretty impressed with Blue Moon. Their pumpkin was pretty good. Magic Hat is real good. I had their heart of darkness the other night. Holy shit what a smooth stout. I noticed the other day Publix has Encore on the beer wall.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Oh yeah I've also been impressed with Shipyard and Flying Dog. Shipyard's Longfellow is a holiday porter so there's some spices in it. Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but better than Sammy's Winter Lager or Holiday Porter. Not that they're bad beers.

Flying Dog's In Heat is a Hefeweizen. The one that got me into that style. Theire Pearl Necklace is an Oyster Stout. Odd, but very good.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wordgie View Post
    Oh yeah I've also been impressed with Shipyard and Flying Dog. Shipyard's Longfellow is a holiday porter so there's some spices in it. Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but better than Sammy's Winter Lager or Holiday Porter. Not that they're bad beers.

Flying Dog's In Heat is a Hefeweizen. The one that got me into that style. Theire Pearl Necklace is an Oyster Stout. Odd, but very good.
    Check out two locally breweries to see if you can get them in Fla...Terrapin, in Athen,ga and Red Hare in Marietta, ga. Both make good beers.

My Terrapin fab, Hopsecutioner IPA
    Red Hare is new one, I like their Gangway IPA and their Lager

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Yeah most places carry Hopsecutioner. That was one of my very first craft brews a few years ago. ABC carries a few of theirs. I haven't seen the other one you mentioned.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    I've been drinking Bud Light lately too. I drink such mass quantities I'm trying to stick with a light beer before I become HUGE.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    I've been drinking Bud Light lately too. I drink such mass quantities I'm trying to stick with a light beer before I become HUGE.
    Expand your horizons. Once you try a nice hoppy, high gravity IPA or Pale Ale you'll be changed for life.

But there is always a time and a place to throw down a huge number of BL's, when I'm camping, they go down fast :)

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    When I'm tearing it up, I'll go Bud Light or Miller Light. I can't do more than 6 of anything heavier than Yuengling.

I figure my waistline and budget can afford 6-8 craft brews a week.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    i love me some Michelob Ultra