Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011

BFG 35" KM2s on national Backorder (again)

One of my tires with a cut on the sidewall decided to let go completely after airing down this last weekend while I was in Big Bear.

Good news: I bought my tires at America's Tire (aka Discount Tire) with the no-questions replacement warranty. Bad news: It turns out my tire is on national back order with no production date set. It could be 3 months, 6 months or even longer until they make them.

I've been wanting to bump up to 37" tires for awhile, but I was hoping to save my nickels and not do it until my BFGs were worn out. Looks like I'll be upgrading sooner than later whether I like it or not. They did quote me a price of $321.00/ea for the Cooper STT 37x12.5x17. Not too bad. Can anyone do better? And give a no-questions-asked free-replacement warranty, too?

Good news for any locals that are looking for cheap 15" steel wheels and 3 50% used and 1 virtually brand new 35x12.5x15 KM2 tires because I'll have them for sale in the near future.

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    When I got my new shit box, I jumped the gun and got some 15 inch rims right away knowing I would be able to get tires in a few weeks. Once I had the money, there wasn't a damn 15 inch tire in stock anywhere except for Kumho's and Pro Comps. Every other damn 35 was backordered. Was planning on holding out for some KM2's, but I am glad I didn't. I guess I would still be waiting.

I think it's a conspiricy. They want us all to buy 17 inch wheels so they can make us spend more on the tires. ASSHOLES!:fingers:

But I did end up with the pro comp xtreme mt pretty cheap. NTWonline had a bunch of cosmetic blems and I got 4 to my door for $842.00. I can't find the blem on 3 of them and the one I did find was on the white lettering which is on the inside anyway.

Is there any reason the tire manufactures aren't keeping up these days? It seems like I've read quite a few situations like this recently. Sucks this is happening, if you have time to wait I bet you could land a good deal on a set of used or lightly used 37's. I see good deals here and there.
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    MT/R's have been on back order as well.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

Bat Shit Crazy Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    You guys try retreads? I have no idea if there is a shortage for these or not but I keep thinking about these. There are a lot of good reviews out there about them. I'm just not sure if their sidewalls can handle sharp rocks.
    Anybody got real world use with these? And do they come in 37's

I gotta be honest, when I drop that much money, I think I want peace of mind, and will go name brand just to be safe. Plus, that warranty from American tires is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    MT/R's have been on back order as well.
    Yea that's what I've read, good for the manufacturer for selling out I guess, but not good business when people run into a situation like ogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice View Post
    You guys try retreads? I have no idea if there is a shortage for these or not but I keep thinking about these. There are a lot of good reviews out there about them. I'm just not sure if their sidewalls can handle sharp rocks.
    Anybody got real world use with these? And do they come in 37's

I gotta be honest, when I drop that much money, I think I want peace of mind, and will go name brand just to be safe. Plus, that warranty from American tires is nice.
    I wouldn't have a problem buying retread tires, most have an opinion that's just mine, lol. If I can get a good tire for a good price I'll be satisfied.