Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: tire weight??

tire weight??

Anyone have agood resource for tire weights? ill need new everyday tires soon and want to find something light to maybe improve some gas mileage and save some overall weight on my diesel truck weight approaching 4 door.

Date Committed
    Feb 2012
    search the web. tire manufactures. I did.

Under Observation GoodysGotaCuda's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
    Anyone have agood resource for tire weights? ill need new everyday tires soon and want to find something light to maybe improve some gas mileage and save some overall weight on my diesel truck weight approaching 4 door.
    Unfortunately lightness will sacrifice durability off road. Which do you want? What style of tire?
    I like turtles

these will be on road only but need to be good in snow. i have a different set of rms/tires i use for wheeling. im thninking a all terrain style tread

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
    these will be on road only but need to be good in snow. i have a different set of rms/tires i use for wheeling. im thninking a all terrain style tread
    Depending on size then, you'll probably want to check out the Falken AT's or the Duratrac's.

But in general, if I'm just looking up quick specs on tires, I'll go to tirerack.com. They have most everything detailed out for each brand & size tire that you want. (Just not every brand is available.)