Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Rolling smooth again.

    Just had my tired rotated and rebalanced, what a difference. No more vibration at 75-80.
    They are falkin rocky mountains. 285 70-17, smaller than I wanted but great on the highway.
    Need to get 2 new or gentally abused 35-12.5-17 Goodyear mtrs, I blew one apart and haven't replaced it yet.

  2. #2
    I did the same a few months ago. I think I lost some tire weights while wheeling and had a bad vibe at highway speeds. Balancing them all wasn't cheap, but it made a huge difference!
    "I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    VIVA LA DICKY

  3. #3
    I've slung off weights too, makes for a nervous ride home trying to diagnose your new vibrations.

  4. #4
    Haldol Shuffle The Clam's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by dickyB View Post
    I did the same a few months ago. I think I lost some tire weights while wheeling and had a bad vibe at highway speeds. Balancing them all wasn't cheap, but it made a huge difference!
    look into the lifetime balance/rotate and replacement at discount tire. I got mine even after I bought the tires second hand off craigslist. Already replaced a tire and balanced all 5 twice (I generally rotate on my own). Its paid for itself 2x.

  5. #5
    I use the hell out of the rotate and balance, it makes more difference than i thought going into the deal. But now i need to repaint my wheels, each have 2 shiney spots from the last wheel weights being moved.
    blueberries are not a stand alone fruit, tim tebow is

  6. #6
    Bat Shit Crazy tcDawg's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Woodstock, Ga
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clam View Post
    look into the lifetime balance/rotate and replacement at discount tire. I got mine even after I bought the tires second hand off craigslist. Already replaced a tire and balanced all 5 twice (I generally rotate on my own). Its paid for itself 2x.
    Yep, it's a deal. I got mine from Kauffman Tire when I bought my MT/R's....didn't know you could buy it after the fact. Pretty cool.

    After airing down, wheeling, and airing up a few times mine usually need a balance.
    TC
    Crawling For Reid May 13 - 15, 2016 Adventure OffRoad Park
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1670437756568674/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
    Yep, it's a deal. I got mine from Kauffman Tire when I bought my MT/R's....didn't know you could buy it after the fact. Pretty cool.

    After airing down, wheeling, and airing up a few times mine usually need a balance.
    rebalancing seems to be worth every penny, rotating regularly is vital

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com