Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

View Poll Results: Which tire would you choose for my situations?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goodyear Duratracs

2 9.52%
  • Nitto Trail Grapplers

13 61.90%
  • WTF_LOL

6 28.57%

Goodyear Duratracs vs. Nitto Trail Grapplers - Pick one

I've got this cross posted on another board, but wanted to post here too, for people that are only members here......

Yeah, yeah. I know, another stupid “what tire should I choose” thread, but tires are a big purchase. I’m just looking for opinions on the two brands.

My decision has come down to the GY Duratracs and the Nitto Trail Grapplers.
    JK background is this:
    *Daily driver, driven ~70 miles round trip to work daily. I am taking each tire’s weight into account.
    *I will be wheeling rocks/trails in Florida and along the east coast (mild rocks). I’m not a fan of mud, so it’s not a factor in my decision.
    *I’ll be going with the 35” range on both

So with that said here are my perceived pros and cons.

GY DT’s
    Pros: Seem to be the best AT tire for wheeling and street use.
    Weight is ~15 pounds lighter per tire than the TG’s
    Lots of siping for the wet roads here in FL, we get LOTS of rain.
    ~$30 cheaper than the Nittos

Cons: I am worried about the strength of the tire/sidewalls when riding the trails and in the East Coast rocks. Biggest thing I'm worried about with these is STRENGTH!
    I don’t know how well they would be aired down.

Nitto TG’s
    Pros: Everyone seems to have great things to say about the TG’s.
    Seems to be one of the best mid-range MT
    I am assuming these would be a lot stronger than the DT’s
    Better offroad tire

Cons: They weight ~15 pounds more than the DT’s.
    ~$30 more expensive than the GY's

Sooooo, IF you had MY driving situation and MY intended trail use, which one would you choose? Pick one!

Any thoughts?

Thanks’ for your opinions!

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    FIFY ::):

Never run either but I like voting.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

I have around 26k on my trail grapplers. I love em. I have no experience with the others. My grapplers still look new and are quiet on the road, great in the mud, sand and rocks. I have aired down to 12 psi with no issues. They are e rated and have a stiff sidewall. I rotate all 5 every oil change. I drive a lot for work as well and have no issues as a dd.
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

I'm not following Gold Knight. Did I miss a funny thread? I'm assuming it has something to do with you sig?

SHIT, I forgot the Bacon!

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4 View Post
    I'm not following Gold Knight. Did I miss a funny thread? I'm assuming it has something to do with you sig?

SHIT, I forgot the Bacon!
    I decided all polls must contain a WTF_LOL option in honor of something once said by an old friend (yeah the qoute in the sig) who we haven't heard from in a very long time....

I'll be going with the duratracs for my next set on my TJ. But my decision is also based on snow rating, being that I live in the northeast and there truly isn't a better snow rated tire that I've read about than the duratracs. They have a nice aggressive pattern and look to them as well for being an associated AT tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :band:

Quote Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
    I decided all polls must contain a WTF_LOL option in honor of something once said by an old friend (yeah the qoute in the sig) who we haven't heard from in a very long time....
    Good to know! Thanks for the "FIFY"

Date Committed
    Feb 2012
    I'm running the Nitto's in a 37"...no complaints yet.
    Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad

Bump. Any more opinions?