Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clam View Post
    Neat trailer and writer. That's not too bad considering we have a 1999 Coleman pop up that I paid $2500 for and doesn't have near the utility of that trailer! (granted it a furnace and stove, but that's about all of the difference). Not having a pickup truck that is a nice option to have the utility trailer! My wife would never let me get rid of the popup, or I'd be on one of these for the all around utility.
    That's sortta how I was looking at it, the utility part sold it for me. I'm a truck kind of guy and struggle with out that utility. The downfall being how we don't have a kitchen setup. We've considered sortta making our own off the front of the tent, but those plans are down the road. I use a non-california compliant (who knows why) Mr. Heater hooked up to a propane tank on the ground outside to keep us warm. There's a velcro spot in the back to run the propane line in. If it's pretty cold we let down the divider for the other bed to knock down the sq ft. inside the trailer that needs to be heated.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENGO View Post
    Looks like a good all around trailer
    It's already paid for itself in my mind. I need to go get another load of firewood here pretty soon!

Powered By power bottoms jkristie44's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Pensacola naval base checking out the mens in uniform
    That's very cool! Congrats on the cool purchase.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    thanks for sharing, that's pretty badass. Adding this to my wishlist of things if i had money.

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Cool thread. Thanks for sharing. I would be all over this if I had the room to store it.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
    Cool thread. Thanks for sharing. I would be all over this if I had the room to store it.
    you can store it here at my place and the storage fees will cost you one 12 pack a month :D

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    Sweet setup. I like it. It gives me some ideas.
    2 more years and counting.......

Right on! If you have any questions don't hesitate to post up questions.
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Well I added more utility to the "utility" feature of this trailer. Picked up one of these from Harbor Freight, pleasantly pleased with the quality and I'd recommend it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-69026.html

Tested it out on the ground before installing it, thankfully the piece that flips up behind the wheel is adjustable. I was a little nervous rolling it in, so I backed it out and adjusted it to lowest setting and it barely fit. Pretty damn close to hitting the fender.

Lined it up as far forward as I could, knowing it would be a tight fit, so the tire would be very close to touching the front wall of the trailer. I drilled the 4 holes through the floor and bolted it down.

[IMG][/IMG]

Loaded up the bike.

The bike fits, but just barely! My biggest concern was making sure the back tire was not on the tailgate. If it was I'd reinforce the tailgate somehow before using it. You can see the rear leg of the trailer down on the ground under the tailgate, that thing comes in handy!

Strapped it down and I was on my way!

After I got home took out the 4 bolts and tossed the tent bag back in!

Last edited by VikingGinger; 11-22-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Bike mount worked out nice. Glad to see it worked out for you. that has to be one of the most versatile trailers ever

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Bike mount worked out nice. Glad to see it worked out for you. that has to be one of the most versatile trailers ever
    It's certainly turning out that way! I'm happy with the outcome as well!

Under Observation
    Date Committed
    Feb 2016
    Fairly decent trailer & tent for that price. You can spend that on a trailer and still need a tent. What is,the axle rated for?

Quote Originally Posted by JRJKU View Post
    Fairly decent trailer & tent for that price. You can spend that on a trailer and still need a tent. What is,the axle rated for?
    Rated at 2k, I know I had it overloaded with firewood a couple times but it did pretty well. I won't be worrying about the new axle under the trailer, ever....

http://www.jeepasylum.com/showthread...-Trailer-build