Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Looking good, mang!

Now hit it with my hammer!

sent from under a midget using his little meaty fingers on tapatalk
    I'll get right on it! :redfinger:

TTT, Updated post #6

- Fire extinguisher
    - Finally carpeted (the top) and painted (the inside) rear storage solution I created. I think it turned out really well, haven't seen in the daylight yet though.
    - Also started painting the RROR skid system
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

Looking really good!

I'd like to see more of that shelf/storage/sleeping thing you made. I've put in a shelf on the back and it looks pretty good, but it stops at the seat. Didn't occur to me to have it go farther. How'd you do that?

Mine's a soft top, so i just laid the plywood on top, and used the hardtop holes to secure it. Obviously you did something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Looking really good!

I'd like to see more of that shelf/storage/sleeping thing you made. I've put in a shelf on the back and it looks pretty good, but it stops at the seat. Didn't occur to me to have it go farther. How'd you do that?

Mine's a soft top, so i just laid the plywood on top, and used the hardtop holes to secure it. Obviously you did something different.

The plywood fits inside the edge of the tub, I don't think I have many pictures of it with the whole setup in there but I'll look around.

Surprisingly I didnt' take many pictures of it. But it wasn't that difficult here's basically how it works.

I made a hinge, off set from center, of the rear most board. I wanted this whole setup to be easily removable. There's two 4x4's on the front of the rear section for support, right behind the back seat. There's a "T" support that runs down the center of the board, off set from the hinge. And there's footers to set on the plastic of the rear most coners of the board. That's everything I did to make the rear sturdy enough for us to stand/sleep on.

Then I cut 4 pieces of plywood to run parallel with the jeep towards the front. They follow the curvature of the floor pan and are the only supports we have for the front two pieces of the sleeping platform. I made footers out of extra pieces of plywood and nailed them to the platform boards where they needed to be to fit with the support boards. If you look close you'll see how the center of the front board in this picture has little pieces of wood to align it with the support board.

On the board furthest to the front I used a hinge and added about 10 - 12" of space that flips forward into place when the front seats are moved and tilted forward. This is what makes the platform long enough to sleep on.

You can see the flip portion folded back on itself for driving in this picture. You can also sort of see the long support boards in this picture as well. Sorry I don't have better pics. I don't plan on putting it in again in the near future, but I still have all the pieces in the garage. This was mostly designed for our upcoming trip to the Rubicon this summer when we won't have our trailer with us.

I've made the rear section permanant now. After having it in there for a little while I don't see the need to take it out. I can put so much more shit back there it's incredible! I've nailed all the pieces in place for stability. When I put the rest in for the Rubicon I'll probably nail it all together for the trip, then pull it apart when we get back, still leaving the rear section there. If you have any other questions fire away! I can take better pictures of just the rear section if you'd like.

Last edited by VikingGinger; 02-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    That's awesome, great work all around. As for the shelf it's one of the best designs I've seen for versatility with the seats up or down.
    N00B's click here!
    Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)

My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCarr View Post
    Welcome. We don't bite. Well.......Jake does.......but only if you smell like cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF_LOL
    Bacon is for eating, not for polls

Quote Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
    That's awesome, great work all around. As for the shelf it's one of the best designs I've seen for versatility with the seats up or down.
    Thanks bud!

Im enjoying my time sitting at the DMV, figured I'd post a couple more pics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nicely done! Thanks for the extra photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Nicely done! Thanks for the extra photos.
    No problem!

That looks nice! I did something similar in my TJ, been thinking of welding some aluminum framing up and skinning it for the back of my JKU, I carry lots o crap all the time between the company, two kids and wheeling!
    Dirty Dog Offroad|GenRight|Teraflex|Rugged Ridge|AEV|Rock Krawler|MetalCloak|Poison Spyder|Rigid Industries and MUCH more! http://www.facebook.com/dirtydogoffroad

Date Committed
    Dec 2011
    This is one sexy build

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
    This is one sexy build
    Thanks! I'm gonna keep it updated here. I'll be busy as hell starting tomorrow morning, all the way up until I hook up the trailer and go camping/wheeling again this weekend. Waiting on some parts to arrive, (lots of stuff inbound) and getting shit installed that's currently here. Need to do some suspension adjusting, possibly fender cut too then hopefully wheel this bitch!

BTT MF-er

Updated post #6 and continued on post #7

02-29-2012
    River Raider Skids/Diff Covers F&R/EVAP Skid/AEV Rear Slider/Steering Stabilizer Relocation/Hi-lift Jack mount/Dominion Off Road On Board Air

Bat Shit Crazy Obstruction of Justice's Avatar
    Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Bad ass, that OBA is sweet looking. Congrats, have fun this weekend playing with your toy.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Looks great man......

Great looking rig man!!!

Damn man, you just installed my whole wish list! Looking good. Us Florida guys know all about the spider webshade. Good stuff
    "I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals"

Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    VIVA LA DICKY

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice View Post
    Bad ass, that OBA is sweet looking. Congrats, have fun this weekend playing with your toy.
    Thanks the plan! I have a small air leak somewhere with the OBA. It's probably going to be tough to track down because it's not big enough to make any noise so I don't know which fitting it is. Time will tell I'm sure, I'll take care of it at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Looks great man......
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Massey View Post
    Great looking rig man!!!
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dickyB View Post
    Damn man, you just installed my whole wish list! Looking good. Us Florida guys know all about the spider webshade. Good stuff
    The spider webshade is awesome! Keeps the sun off my white ass just enough so I don't burn to a crisp. I found it off a guy on craigslist, he was shipped the wrong one for his TJ. Can't remember what I paid but it was cheap as shit. I'm still not sure if it's actually for a 4 or 2 door but it works well the way I have it wrapped around the front of my roll bar instead of going all the way to the windshield.

TTT for the TrailMods!

Giggitty Giggitty, bumpitty!

Finally got the 5.38's installed!
    I had the work done at a buddies friend's shop. Guy's name is Nick, and he owns S.C.A.R. Off Road in East County San Diego. If you're local and looking to have something done look him up or get a hold of me!