Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nice, how do you like em so far? I am getting 5.38s installed as we speak
    Hands up, Don't shoot!

It's absolutely better, but I haven't got an official opinion yet, it's an automatic, and heavy as a mother fucker so it's still pretty sluggish feeling. A very noticeable difference though. I've just been driving around with the overdrive off since we put the 37's on. It's nice having overdrive again, and all the additional power in the first couple gears. I have not put our tuner back in yet, I'm sure that will make me like it much more. Gonna do that in about 15 mins before I drive home from work. The biggest thing I notice right now is how bad the damn thing vibrates! Gonna be ordering drive shafts soon, like tomorrow soon.... It's like a damn dildo driving down the highway, lol. Your mileage will undoubtedly vary! Let me know what you think when you get your rig back.
    2004 TJ

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...pse0aba888.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dr. Dirty just won the Internet singehanded.

9/17/2012
    I updated pictures in post #9, installed the drag link, tie rod, steering stabilizer, front and rear drive shafts, and transmission cooler. It's already covered in the other thread, but needed to add to my build as well!

awesome documentation of the build! great mods also. I really wanted the TWF beadlocks. I ended up getting trail ready (found a good deal used w/ km2's) but i'm still a lil jealous seeing them on your jeep, lol.

on your drag link, did you just use standard tre's or are those the high angle?

9/18/2014
    Finally got rid of the stock muffler, man that thing is ugly. Went up to Dirty's Garage and this is what we came up with. There's a long glass pack under the drivers seat that's been there for a long time. When I tried to remove the muffler last time, there was a lot of exhaust fumes that made their way into the Jeep. This should work out just fine.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Nice black cockpipe bandito!

Your own mandingo

Sent from the ether

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Nice black cockpipe bandito!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    Your own mandingo

Sent from the ether
    My Jeep must be proud

10/5/2014
    Took off the bumpers and tire carrier to freshen them up. Then I installed a new 12k lb winch before putting them back on.

Last edited by VikingGinger; 10-06-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Date Committed
    Nov 2011
    Looks great man.

looking good ginger

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    It does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dirty View Post
    Looks great man.
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
    looking good ginger
    Quote Originally Posted by JRAD View Post
    It does look good.
    Thanks!

Date Committed
    Jan 2012
    I'm drooling over the tire/wheel combo. I wish I could afford that. Looks like I'll need to actually get a credit card and work some more overtime. Are you running the "pressed center" on a 3.50 backspacing? If so, any spacers needed?
    US ARMY 2008-Present
    US AIR FORCE 2001-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Para-Doc View Post
    I'm drooling over the tire/wheel combo. I wish I could afford that. Looks like I'll need to actually get a credit card and work some more overtime. Are you running the "pressed center" on a 3.50 backspacing? If so, any spacers needed?
    Yep! Running the 3.5 BS, definitely don't need a spacer. While it is nice to be able to purchase cheaper tires and do my own tire work, I've never really gotten them balanced out. Pretty much given up and just drive it. I'll separate them again and toss some golf balls in eventually.

Right now I have the Wrangler MTR tires on there and I'd absolutely suggest them over the BFG's I had, and the original Wrangler OZ's. Keep it in mind if you go that route! I bought 8 of them from Hundy for the Jeep and the Tent Trailer we put together at Dirty's not too long ago.

It sucks facebook breaks their links this is missing a bunch of pictures, I need to get this thread updated.

Regretfully I had to sell this JK, but I have a feeling the new owner will be a converted Jeeper after he takes it out sees what it's capable of! Changes coming to the Viking household soon!