PDA

View Full Version : HEY VENDORS? Do you sell tire balancing beads?

JohnnyWalker
03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Looking to buy some of the dynabeads, valve cores, removal tool and funnel. I've found some elsewhere, but wanted to give vendors here a shot first.

98saharatj
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
For what its worth there were alot of guys on another forum putting airsoft bb's in to balance tires. Not sure how good it works but it make be worth a try.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

SFCotton
03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
John I used the airsoft BBs from a local airsoft shop. Problem with them is trying to figure out how many to use. If you can get them balanced by a machine I would HIGHLY recommend going that route over the bead method.

98saharatj
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I agree

JohnnyWalker
03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
For what its worth there were alot of guys on another forum putting airsoft bb's in to balance tires. Not sure how good it works but it make be worth a try.

John I used the airsoft BBs from a local airsoft shop. Problem with them is trying to figure out how many to use. If you can get them balanced by a machine I would HIGHLY recommend going that route over the bead method.

I have some airsoft BBs in each tire, about 7 ounces worth. I like the dynabeads because I can add them without unmounting the tire. I read that they can be balanced with a combination of the beads/bbs and wheel weights, so I guess I'll try that next. Really, I thought I was good until I took a passenger with me Friday (I'm solo 99.9 percent of the time) and I was feeling how badly I was unbalanced.

SFCotton
03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Honestly I tried everything and ended up giving up on the wheels. I am going to buy new tires and have them balanced at a truck stop. The BBs and weights didn't work any better. All that happened was the tires eventually became horribly worn out. Watch your tread on the outside and inside of your front wheels for excessive wear. If there is any sign of excessive wear stop, take out the BBs, and get them balanced by a machine.
MISO happy to help you! :lol:

Venom
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Make sure the wheels are straight!
No amount of any kind of balancing will make up for bent wheels/tires with a hop in them.

I fought my Humvee wheels for over a month, tore the massive brutes apart more times than I can remember, rotated the halves, balanced them with BBs, had them balanced at Discount,etc etc etc until I FINALLY put the jeep on stands, started it and put it in gear and found one of them was crooked as fuck!
about 1/2" of up and down wobble - Discount had balanced them on their machine and didnt notice it somehow??!!
TWF made me a new back half and then 4500 airsoft BBs per tire and all is well.
I still have one with a bit of a hop in it, but I just put it on as a spare and said fuck it I was tired of dealing with it.

Rides good up to 90+ now.

Since I got my front end squared away, I can set the cruise at 75 and let go of the wheel no problem.

SEVENSLAT4X4
03-19-2012, 01:09 AM

We highly agree...